Just wanted to share this...
Mar 12, 2011 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

asarkar

New Head-Fier

I bought Grado Sr60i's a month back and I thought they were absolutely amazing.  They sounded even better after the burn in period. But soon i realised that it wasnt the right headphone for me. Listening to mostly electronic music, the Grado's didnt provide the bass I wanted. I even amped the them, they sounded even better but still didnt provide enough bass.

Some other problems I had-

-They wouldnt go loud enough

-sound leakage(of course i knew this when purchasing it but I didnt think it would cause a huge problem, but on a commute everyday I would hear outside sounds and it started to get on my nerves)

-Portability was also a slight issue

So yesterday I went back to the shop I purchased them from(Bay Bloor Radio-Toronto),which is highly overpriced but has a lot of quality products. I looked for a closed full size headphone replacement but couldnt fine any under $200 that I liked.

I had to then look at in ear monitors. I auditioned the Shure 115($90)/315($200), sennheiser IE6($200) and Klipsch s4($110). I was highly impressed with the senn's and the Klipsch's. The shure was quite uncomfortable.

After thinking hard, and weighing the pros and cons, I returned my Grado's and bought the Klipsch s4. I do miss my Grado's but overall I am happy with my exchange.

Abhishek

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 5
Are the Klipsch S4's harsh in the highs at all, in your opinion? I've read tons of reviews on them and was thinking about getting them and while 99% of the reviews were positive, many stated that they can be "aggressive" sounding and some thought that they have too much bass to where it distracts from the other intricacies of the music. Would definitely like to hear your opinion on them. :)

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #3 of 5
Anyone considering to buy new earbuds for less than $100 ($80 in US) should definitely consider the Klipsch s4. They sound absolutely stellar for all audio including hip hop, electronic,rock,classical etc. I had trouble believing that for $80, these things actually produced such good sound.

Abhishek

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #4 of 5
Hey Melee,

I think that the bass response is absolutely phenomenal(not too much). The highs are extremely crisp. Trust me for $80, you wont anything remotely close that sounds this good. It helps to have high quality mp3's. They will make low bitrate mp3's sound very bad. For Hip hop and electronic which is what I mostly listen, it is a absolute pleasure listening to them.

Abhishek

Mar 12, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Are the Klipsch S4's harsh in the highs at all, in your opinion? I've read tons of reviews on them and was thinking about getting them and while 99% of the reviews were positive, many stated that they can be "aggressive" sounding and some thought that they have too much bass to where it distracts from the other intricacies of the music. Would definitely like to hear your opinion on them. :)

Hey Melee,

I think that the bass response is absolutely phenomenal(not too much). The highs are extremely crisp. Trust me for $80, you wont anything remotely close that sounds this good. It helps to have high quality mp3's. They will make low bitrate mp3's sound very bad. For Hip hop and electronic which is what I mostly listen, it is a absolute pleasure listening to them.

Abhishek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back