Just wanted to brag
Dec 2, 2002 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

msjjr

100+ Head-Fier
WOW, I just love these R10's. The very best headphone sound I've heard, period. Now, just where did I put those HD 600's?

Dec 2, 2002 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 32
msjjr,

i think you put them in the "FOR SALE" section
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 3:56 AM Post #3 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
msjjr,

i think you put them in the "FOR SALE" section
biggrin.gif

really? I could have sworn he put them in a box that had my address on it. . . humph.
wink.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 32
My AKG 1000's have modified cabling using Van der Huls M.C. Integration interconnects as the new cabling from the drivers right to the balanced plug. Huge improvement over even the Stefan A.A. replacement cable. The next step is to replace the ?i.c.'s within the earspeakers with heavily upgraded parts that will be housed in an external box. Can't wait to hear what that will do. You can guess from this that they are keepers as well. After all, I need a pair to share with any friends who are over. I have a heavily modified ASL AQ 10005 300B integrated amp that now has two neutrik RCA output jacks and a balanced jack to directly connect the AKG's rather than using the speaker posts. New Sophia 300 B tubes and NOS Raytheons as well.

Dec 2, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by ablaze
how much do these things go for "used" btw? couple of thousand?
eek.gif

That's pretty steep for a K-1000!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 2, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #8 of 32
Trust me. they won't be going anywhere.

Dec 2, 2002 at 4:49 AM Post #10 of 32
They have found their true and last home!

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:00 AM Post #11 of 32
blaze, if you have to ask, you can't afford them. let's just say, they're more than a "couple". more than 3's company... i think the base price is aroud $6k.

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #12 of 32
List for new is $4K. But they've been discontinued as I understand. There is a dealer in New Jersey who is apparently getting Sony to make a run of 6 more units. Used, if you can find them, who knows now. I wouldn't let mine go for even the new price.

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:10 AM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by msjjr
List for new is $4K. But they've been discontinued as I understand. There is a dealer in New Jersey who is apparently getting Sony to make a run of 6 more units. Used, if you can find them, who knows now. I wouldn't let mine go for even the new price.

wow they're THAT good huh. come to think of it, I haven't seen a single person who didn't sing the HIGHEST praises of the KINGs.
guess I've got only the baby brother..
tongue.gif

<----

Dec 2, 2002 at 5:30 AM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by ablaze
yeah. I know I couldn't. just wondering..

hey since we're here. whats the absolute best pair of cans for <$1000? (just the headphones, nothing else)

Grado HP-1000 if you can find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back