Just wanna share my first experience of trying active noise cancelling headphones
Jun 21, 2019 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Amanda2333

New Head-Fier
Why I post this thread is because I really wanna share my first experience of trying active noise cancelling headphones. So impressive!!! Now I am using a pair of ANC headphones. I have never tried ANC headphones before. So it's really impressive for me the time when I put the headphones on. The world became quiet suddenly! I mean I never experienced this before. This kinda headphones are more expensive than non-noise cancelling headphones. And I got it for free( I have a way to get it for free) or I would not afford this kinda headphone. Personally speaking, I think ANC headphones are better to my ears. Because when I press the ANC button, I can hear the sound very clearly without increasing volume. I LOVE ANC HEADPHONES!!!

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #5 of 11
well (almost) every type of headphone serves a purpose ... and ANC headphones are good for their specific purpose, which is listening music - and even more so: watching movies -in an environment with steady low frequency backgroud noise - as it happens to be in airplanes or trains.

I would never use ANC headphones for listening to music at a quiet home though which is where I listen to music the most - this is where open over ears are king :)

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #6 of 11
I've discovered that if I'm on a plane and I put ANC headphones on over my IEMs, then it's like I'm listening to my IEM in a silent room. It's like magic.

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #7 of 11
I've discovered that if I'm on a plane and I put ANC headphones on over my IEMs, then it's like I'm listening to my IEM in a silent room. It's like magic.

Now that’s a clever thing I never thought to try. I mean, my Sony noise cancelling headphones sound pretty good - and perfectly great for in-flight movies - but there’s no contest with the campfire IEMs for performance with music...

Jun 26, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #8 of 11
I tried it just now and it is...I don't wanna say but...yeah...it is a little stupid...that wearing ANC headphones whiling wearing IEM. Wearing only ANC headphones will be better.

Jun 26, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #10 of 11
I tried it just now and it is...I don't wanna say but...yeah...it is a little stupid...that wearing ANC headphones whiling wearing IEM. Wearing only ANC headphones will be better.

...but did you try it on a plane?

I generally wear my ANC phones for the entire flight to drown out the drone/hum, regardless of whether I’m listening to anything. They’re better at blocking that out than my IEMs are but the sound quality is definitely worse (and I have good quality noise cancelling headphones)

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #11 of 11
False! It's not stupid when you're on an 11 hour flight.
Like @mattiav said, ANC is good at blocking ambient noise, but my IEMs are waaay better sounding. Of course, if your IEMs stick out like Frankenstein's bolts it'd be pretty uncomfortable, but mine are pretty much flush with my outer ear, so it's really not too uncomfortable. And maybe I look stupid with a thin little pair of wires having out from underneath wireless headphones? Eh, like anybody's gonna notice. And I don't really care if they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back