Just upgraded from ER6 to Er4p!!!
Oct 30, 2002 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mchurgin

100+ Head-Fier
I just got my 4p's and plugged them into my Ipod. I noticed an immediate difference in range, (much better bass) than the er-6's. Easier to drive than the 6's but I thought it would produce more volume. Luckily using Xplay you can adjust the volume level of tracks to provide the punch required to drive the 4p's to a reasonable level to really hear the detail and get the better bass. On a side note I notice it is all of my older music from the 80's and earlier that obviously need the most volume adjustment. I just wanted to post my initial reaction before I sit around tonight and sample 1500 tracks. My firat impression is i'm glad I upgraded, to me there is a big difference on the Ipod from the er-6's.

Anyone else have a similar or different experience or view?

Oct 30, 2002 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by mchurgin
Anyone else have a similar or different experience or view?

IMO, there is no question that the 4p/s series is absolutely in a different league than the er6.

Oct 31, 2002 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 5
As a matter of fact, I had bought the 6 just to check out etys and really couldn't stand them. I had thought etys weren't for me, until recently when I picked up a used set of 4s to give etys another chance. I would definitely agree that the 4p/s are far better than the er6.

Oct 31, 2002 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by mchurgin
Luckily using Xplay you can adjust the volume level of tracks to provide the punch required to drive the 4p's to a reasonable level to really hear the detail and get the better bass. On a side note I notice it is all of my older music from the 80's and earlier that obviously need the most volume adjustment.

I've had the same problem with my older CDs needing a volume boost. I've found a freeware program that does the trick called MP3Gain. You can check it out at:

http://www.geocities.com/mp3gain/

It only works on mp3 files. Oh, and it's a lossless adjustment, so if you don't like the change you can restore the file to its original state.

Jul 17, 2004 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Gah, I returned my er-4ps due to the price of the pair, and picked up some ER-6s ... What a horrible sound coming from these cannals. The er-4ps converted me and anyone I let listen to them, the er-6s just make me sick. I used them once, and I haven't touched them again.

I should sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back