Just to get a feel as to who's in this community...
Apr 5, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #136 of 164

Quote:
i'm a junior Physics Major at Wheaton College (MA), wants to study Geophysics and Planetary Science in grad school. 

You might want to consider Washington University in St. Louis, MO if you are serious about Geophysics and Planetary Science in grad school.  PM me if you like.

Jun 17, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #137 of 164
I'm a registered nurse.  Served 2 years in a refugee camp on the Thai-Cambodian border w/ Cambodian refugees.  And quite unfortunately, I have a chronic disability--not necessarily work related.  Yeah...bummer.

I've been involved in music all of my life in one way or another.  Was 1st exposed to audiophilia only 8 years ago.  I was instantly hooked............Lori

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #140 of 164
i just graduated and hope to start life in the fall. i will be saving up for my college and the bursary i received will help greatly. i plan on being an audio engineer.

Jun 26, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #142 of 164
9th grade just went by the corner, and now I am in my summer vacation. Been waiting for my part-time job to come :)
I want to study IT and culinary arts, since I have a knack for those two.

Came to Head-Fi to look for a decent budget headphone (alas, meet the Sennheiser HD205)

Jun 26, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #143 of 164
Heading to university for computer engineering in September now. Finally finished the colossal waste of time known as public high-school. 

Also work for the Government; IT stuff, refreshing computers, troubleshooting, boring stuff for the most part. But it's a nice comfy chair in an air conditioned office so I'm happy.    

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #145 of 164
LMAO! I came to this same realization the other day.

Quote:
I've been coming to this website for like the last 7 years (it seems) and everyone here is still a student.  When I joined I was a student.  Now I'm a pharmacist.

Jun 29, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #146 of 164

Quote:
LMAO! I came to this same realization the other day.

better to be students then highschool drop outs.

Jun 29, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #148 of 164

Quote:
better to be a high school dropout THAN spend 12 years in the system without learning basic spelling :wink:

/busting_chops

I know proper spelling, I just prefer to type faster on the internet.

Jun 29, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #149 of 164

Quote:
Heading to university for computer engineering in September now. Finally finished the colossal waste of time known as public high-school. 

Also work for the Government; IT stuff, refreshing computers, troubleshooting, boring stuff for the most part. But it's a nice comfy chair in an air conditioned office so I'm happy.    

Computer engineering eh, what school? Current comp eng student at Waterloo right now.

Jun 29, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #150 of 164

Quote:
Computer engineering eh, what school? Current comp eng student at Waterloo right now.

Carleton; Queen's and Waterloo were my other two options. They seemed a bit more "prestigious", but there's all the aerospace stuff at Carleton, it's in Ottawa, and it was way cheaper lol. How are you liking the program? I kinda just chose it (computer engineering) on a whim, I like computers and coding, and math I don't mind math so meh. Mostly just want to leave this town haha.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back