just rockbox'd my e250 (newegg sale for beer money) ;)
Nov 14, 2008 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

linuxworks

Member of the Trade: Sercona Audio
wow, $25 shipped for a 'refurb' 2gb e250.

version 1, too - so it rockbox's!

5 minutes after the UPS guy dropped it off I had rockbox on it and was listening to flacs. this is so cool.

I took a chance hoping it would be v1 since the v2 is still 'useless' for flac. newegg got a batch of the v1's in (now gone, though).

this is my first sandisk player. its probably my 20'th mp3 player, though - but I'm liking this more than any other I've had before.

driving a pimeta and hd280's. mmm, nice.

a friend showed me his clip and that made me give sandisk another look. when I found the older model on sale for beer money (lol) I decided to give it a try. so glad I did.

I hope they can rockbox the others. that really does make ALL the diff to me.

3028272375_07d558ae6f.jpg

3028339119_9b6c32816e.jpg

Nov 14, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 10
I wished they would port it to the version 2. I guess they are working on it. The v1 adds annoying noise whenever it is accessing the flash memory. It just does not work well with iems.

Nov 14, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #8 of 10
yeah v2 is very quiet and sounds a lot better than v1 in every aspect. V2 uses a completely different chipset than v1. Yes, V2 sounds very close to the clip although the Clip and the Fuze still sound cleared and more dynamic than the e200 v2.

Nov 15, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, I hear the cpu noise loud and clear when its 'thinking'.

its as annoying as a modded dac that had its mute circuit removed..

its not a showstopper but it does lower its overall happiness score
wink.gif
only a little though.

you say they fixed it in v2?

how about the fuse and clip? do they also have that noise?

I thought that electronic noise was from a faulty unit, but looks like its just a design flaw. Thats good to hear.

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the scroll wheel is poorly made. doesn't surprise me. there are ways to open it and clean it - so I expect to do that in a few months, myself.

I just find that it either doesn't respond or over-responds, which makes browsing an absolute pain in the ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back