Just recieved my JVC HA-SZ2000 and I'm NOT dissappointed ANYMORE
Oct 30, 2014 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

larsmons1

New Head-Fier
Before you accuse me for being an idiot or blasfemist, I would like to point out that it's probably my fault.

I've been lurking on this site for a while, and decided to go for JVZ HA-SZ2000 because for the enormous cred it got and they're supposed to be the king of bass!
But today they arrived, and they are heavy, stock pads are too small so my ear are leaning on the elements and it start to hurt over time. 

But where is the bass everyone is talking about? 
I saw videoes where paper sheets trembles to the force and energy unleashed by these gigantic beasts, but to me.. meh.
Alas, I am not paper, only man.

Am I missing something? If this is truly what their supposed to sound like, then my Bose CQ15 and Beyerdynamic DT 770 way WAY better!

My main use for the SZ2000 are for gameing, and I don't have a DAC i think. I have the ASUS Xonar D2X sound card and drivers updated. 

PS: obligatory appoligy for grammar/spelling, Norwegian.

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 20
I'll try it, thanks!

EDIT: Holy **** that's the ****! WaW

3kBRgjd.jpg

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 20
THAT IS THE MOST AMAZING PICTURE EVER

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 20
Thanks! 

But I still feel that I could pull more force out of the cans, but I have no Idea how to do it.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a high end sound card, but now I've heard that I also need a DAC and an amp?

Any idea what to do?

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #6 of 20
Thanks! 

But I still feel that I could pull more force out of the cans, but I have no Idea how to do it.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a high end sound card, but now I've heard that I also need a DAC and an amp?

Any idea what to do?

You don't need a DAC if you have a high end sound card. What you coulr use is an amp. That is if you want to blow your eardrums out.

Oct 31, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #7 of 20
The Fiio E12 seems popular with a nice punchy bass boost, and the Caywin C5 would be a viable alternative with a deeper bass boost function. I prefer bass boost from amps to digital EQ.

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #8 of 20
I don't want to blow out my ear drums, but the option to boost the bass would be appreciated. 

So me, one whom loves bass, and if you had to reccomend me one product/amp/dac thing to boost the bass, what would it be?

And again, your help and responds is appreciated! :)

Oct 31, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #10 of 20
Ok, so I've read some more about what I could do to get more force: http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

"using no more than a portable amp and DAP can deliver a vibration to the head that can be felt."
DAP? Does he mean DAC? And since I have a sound card, do i need a dac?

Well, what I'm trying to ask is: 

1) I have a Sound card, but whats the point if I need in adition a DAC and an amp? 

2) What do I need to get more explosion from my cans? 

3) Muh bass

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #11 of 20
The SZ-2000's need a lot of power if you want to be pushing mad bass levels through them. If this is for a desktop setup only, the Schiit Magni might be a good call, though it lacks a BB function, hence the the E12 or C5 (which would also be good if you ever go portable). The soundcard should replace the DAC for now, though you can always upgrade later. I don't know enough about the D2X to say if things would get much better, but dedicated hardware should give more power and a cleaner, less noisy signal.

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #12 of 20
If you read the sz or xtreme bass threads they repeat many times to new and potential users that you must use an amp and you have to change the ****ty stock pads and the sub bass nneeds an eq

1. amp
2 pads
3 Eq that raises sub-bass

Published on Aug 17, 2014
Sony NWZ E473 - Clear Bass +3, flat eq, connected with L5 LOD cable (no volume control from DAP itself) Fiio E12 - 16db gain, bass boost on, almost max volume, it seems E473 output from LOD is weaker than IAudio 10 output (for casual, non extreme bass listening 1/2 of E12 volume is enough).

The extreme bass thread mentions only 2 issues previous and both were using a soundcard as the source. You must have a portable amp (e12 works best) you can go to here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661129/jvc-ha-sz2000-1000-impressions-thread/1410

These folks can help you along. You do not need another dac you need an amp and pads.
And your at Planet bassalot

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #13 of 20
Thank you guys so much and thank you Hawaiibadboy for the responds! 

I'm now using my DT 770 pads, and got my self a Fiio E18, which is awesome!

But how can i change the eq if i'm using the Fiio as my sound card? 

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #15 of 20
  Thank you guys so much and thank you Hawaiibadboy for the responds! 

I'm now using my DT 770 pads, and got my self a Fiio E18, which is awesome!

But how can i change the eq if i'm using the Fiio as my sound card? 

I think there is a dac switch on that model???
If you switch it off maybe it lets you use your pc for eq/dac and the e18 for amping.?

Anyway. Congrats on getting closer to planetbass. The stock ear pads are horrible. Changing those helps and bass boosting is the key. The bass is there in massive waves but you gotta put in some effort to find those waves. The sz2k can take double the power you use now as the e18 are >300mW @32 ohm  and the e12 is >880mW @32ohm. It will slam harder than you got now so it's the gift that keeps on giving.
You got more bass in there waiting for you later
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back