Just received defective Grado SR60's
Mar 17, 2006 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

milton10

New Head-Fier
Arrrggggg,

I just got a pair of Grado SR60's for my birthday and the right ear has a rattle in it. Otherwise they sound great. Sending them back to Grado - they say the turnaround time is about 2 weeks.

Good service, but this is unfortunate.

Mar 17, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 22
could their be a hair in the driver or have i just heard this somewhere and misunderstood the context? anyway 2 weeks isnt so bad i supose but since they are brand new i would think it is dissapointing. It will be worth the wait in the end
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 22
From where were they purchased? Won't the seller replace them for you?

Mar 18, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #5 of 22
The seller will replace the for me, but wants me to pay for shipping (to send them back and receive another pair). From my perspective, I received a defective pair, so why should I be out the money?

The rattle happens only on the deepest bass, and it is only from the right can.

Mar 18, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #6 of 22
If the seller doesn't stand behind his product any better than that, he just plain sucks, and I would let him know it. Report to better business bureau, mention his name here, call his moma names.
See if Grado will send you a pair out and hold a credit card # until they get the faulty pair back. At least you wouldn't have to wait 2 weeks that way.
Best of luck.........Jim

Mar 18, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #7 of 22
That sucks, but the same thing happened to me and I fixed it by doing a quick search here. I got my Alessandro MS-1 a few days ago and the day after I got them, after playing some bass test tones, I noticed it developed a rattle/flutter from the right driver. I got scared but thankfully it was an easy fix.

Take the pad off and blow into it vigorously from the front and the back. After doing this for a minute it went away and hasn't come back since. It was just something like a hair that fell in there somehow.

Mar 18, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja
That sucks, but the same thing happened to me and I fixed it by doing a quick search here. I got my Alessandro MS-1 a few days ago and the day after I got them, after playing some bass test tones, I noticed it developed a rattle/flutter from the right driver. I got scared but thankfully it was an easy fix.

Take the pad off and blow into it vigorously from the front and the back. After doing this for a minute it went away and hasn't come back since. It was just something like a hair that fell in there somehow.

Should I use my mouth or canned air?

Mar 18, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #12 of 22
Where the heck can you find compressed/canned air?! I need some too, but not to clean out headphones! My laptop fans need some cleaning out!

Mar 18, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by milton10
The seller will replace the for me, but wants me to pay for shipping (to send them back and receive another pair). From my perspective, I received a defective pair, so why should I be out the money?

The rattle happens only on the deepest bass, and it is only from the right can.

very few places cover shipping on any returns. suxors, but eeh, thats life.

Mar 18, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #14 of 22
To OP:

Oh BTW have you tried dealing directly with Grado Labs? Maybe they can replace it for you for free?

Mar 18, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Where the heck can you find compressed/canned air?! I need some too, but not to clean out headphones! My laptop fans need some cleaning out!

CVS, some grocery stores, heck, that stuff is plentiful these days as everyone has need for it. Radio Shack also has it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milton10
Should I use my mouth or canned air?

Man, my suggestion is be patient and send 'em back. If you mess things up, you'll be up a creek. Don't risk them. Just send 'em back and wait it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back