Just received defective Grado SR60's
Mar 17, 2006 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

milton10

New Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Posts
10
Likes
0
Arrrggggg,

I just got a pair of Grado SR60's for my birthday and the right ear has a rattle in it. Otherwise they sound great. Sending them back to Grado - they say the turnaround time is about 2 weeks.

Good service, but this is unfortunate.
 
Mar 17, 2006 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 22

Dakota

Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Posts
63
Likes
0
could their be a hair in the driver or have i just heard this somewhere and misunderstood the context? anyway 2 weeks isnt so bad i supose but since they are brand new i would think it is dissapointing. It will be worth the wait in the end
tongue.gif
 
Mar 17, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #4 of 22

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
Joined
Jan 19, 2002
Posts
8,675
Likes
26
Location
The Elm City
From where were they purchased? Won't the seller replace them for you?
 
Mar 18, 2006 at 7:09 AM Post #5 of 22

milton10

New Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Posts
10
Likes
0
The seller will replace the for me, but wants me to pay for shipping (to send them back and receive another pair). From my perspective, I received a defective pair, so why should I be out the money?

The rattle happens only on the deepest bass, and it is only from the right can.
 
Mar 18, 2006 at 7:24 AM Post #6 of 22

jim580

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Posts
152
Likes
0
If the seller doesn't stand behind his product any better than that, he just plain sucks, and I would let him know it. Report to better business bureau, mention his name here, call his moma names.
See if Grado will send you a pair out and hold a credit card # until they get the faulty pair back. At least you wouldn't have to wait 2 weeks that way.
Best of luck.........Jim
 
Mar 18, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #7 of 22

Zenja

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 28, 2006
Posts
600
Likes
15
That sucks, but the same thing happened to me and I fixed it by doing a quick search here. I got my Alessandro MS-1 a few days ago and the day after I got them, after playing some bass test tones, I noticed it developed a rattle/flutter from the right driver. I got scared but thankfully it was an easy fix.

Take the pad off and blow into it vigorously from the front and the back. After doing this for a minute it went away and hasn't come back since. It was just something like a hair that fell in there somehow.
 
Mar 18, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 22

milton10

New Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 1, 2006
Posts
10
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja
That sucks, but the same thing happened to me and I fixed it by doing a quick search here. I got my Alessandro MS-1 a few days ago and the day after I got them, after playing some bass test tones, I noticed it developed a rattle/flutter from the right driver. I got scared but thankfully it was an easy fix.

Take the pad off and blow into it vigorously from the front and the back. After doing this for a minute it went away and hasn't come back since. It was just something like a hair that fell in there somehow.



Should I use my mouth or canned air?
 
Mar 18, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #12 of 22

milkpowder

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Posts
8,496
Likes
18
Where the heck can you find compressed/canned air?! I need some too, but not to clean out headphones! My laptop fans need some cleaning out!
 
Mar 18, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #13 of 22

nikongod

DIY-ku
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Posts
8,882
Likes
124
Quote:

Originally Posted by milton10
The seller will replace the for me, but wants me to pay for shipping (to send them back and receive another pair). From my perspective, I received a defective pair, so why should I be out the money?

The rattle happens only on the deepest bass, and it is only from the right can.



very few places cover shipping on any returns. suxors, but eeh, thats life.
 
Mar 18, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #14 of 22

milkpowder

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 22, 2005
Posts
8,496
Likes
18
To OP:

Oh BTW have you tried dealing directly with Grado Labs? Maybe they can replace it for you for free?
 
Mar 18, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #15 of 22

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Posts
3,933
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Where the heck can you find compressed/canned air?! I need some too, but not to clean out headphones! My laptop fans need some cleaning out!


CVS, some grocery stores, heck, that stuff is plentiful these days as everyone has need for it. Radio Shack also has it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milton10
Should I use my mouth or canned air?


Man, my suggestion is be patient and send 'em back. If you mess things up, you'll be up a creek. Don't risk them. Just send 'em back and wait it out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top