Just received an empty box from J&R instead of Senn 650s...
Aug 27, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #61 of 95
eek.gif
Empty delivery boxes! - Tell me it's just a bad dream!
eek.gif

Aug 27, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #62 of 95
Is there a New York State Better Business Bureau? If there is I would first tell J&R that you're going to call them. And then I would call them.

Aug 27, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #63 of 95
Yah, this sucks for me since the number of vendors that is trustworthy enough for us Canadians to order from are already severely limited.

Amazon does't ship electronics to Canada, and J&R and B&H are the two retailers that I didn't mind paying a bit more money to in order to get a hassle free buying experience. I would trust the items from either J&R or B&H to be factory fresh, authorized dealers of, and untampered with, but even this is a bit iffy now.

I can only imagine if this happened to me, as getting items replaced is never easy when I have to deal with Canada Customs when I import something (see what happened to me in my post above, luckily Headroom rocks!) For headphones, I've covered since head-fi sponsors are great to deal with. But for other items, I'm taking more of a gamble.

If I were living in the US, I would be happy enough with the way J&R handled it this time around, but if I had been the one here in Canada that received an empty box, I would seriously feel ill. It crossed my mind several times I should order the HD650's from J&R, am I glad that I didn't

Aug 27, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #64 of 95
this is sure bad publicity for J&R i wonder how something like this happens?

also im not being judgemental but i was wondering if the weight at shipping was correct (with the box and the headphones) how would they find out if UPS took it or that the buyer has intentionally removed it ?

anyways best wishes to all those affected by this hope everything works out!

Aug 27, 2006 at 9:30 AM Post #66 of 95
Woosh
HI: After reading your post I did a bit of checking on the weight. I looked at the old tracking # and the weight at UPS site said 3.50 lbs. and then looked at my new tracking # and the weight now says 4.40 lbs. that would be a about a 10 oz difference. The 650 weighs 8.125 ozs. So I can't see where the other 2 ozs come from.

Aug 27, 2006 at 11:58 AM Post #67 of 95
So did u guys get your new cans?

I had a similar experience but not with headphones but a graphics card, was sent faulty and DOA took them 1 year and a half to refund it back to me. In the end I only get there attensiton when I was telling them ill go to legal court. And even then they still took 3 months to refund it back.

Hate having to resort to threats but it has to be done.

Aug 27, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #68 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
this is sure bad publicity for J&R i wonder how something like this happens?

also im not being judgemental but i was wondering if the weight at shipping was correct (with the box and the headphones) how would they find out if UPS took it or that the buyer has intentionally removed it ?

anyways best wishes to all those affected by this hope everything works out!

Whenever a consumer complains about something not having been delivered, or for that matter, in most cases when a consumer complains about a defective product, there's always the chance that he/she is pulling a scam. I remember having college roommates who with great hilarity wrote creative letters to food companies complaining about rotten candy bars or whatever so they would get certificates for freebies. It happens.

But J&R knows, I think, that there has been a rash of thefts of this type, and it's unlikely that a bunch of customers would conspire to scam them in this way (of course now, fellow forum members might "cash in," but I really doubt this will happen). They also can look at the data files on repeat customers (like me) and could surmise that my "profile" would not indicate someone who would create a fantasy of this type.

Clearly, J&R is in a tough position here, as is any merchant dealing with customer complaints. The old-fashioned "caveat emptor" would save them a little money in the short run, but again, if they were to get a reputation for taking this kind of hard-nosed attitude toward customers they would definitely suffer in the long run.

Aug 27, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #70 of 95
the nicest headpnones they sell are the 650s so if this were an internal problem at J&R this is probably the headphone that a thief would take.

They're an honest retailer, but extremely large.

I've read that UPS is the riskiest delivery service to use in terms of damaged or stolen products. The US Post Office is much better as is FedEx, etc... (i've purchased expensive watches by mail --- to delay when I have to pay sales tax on the item) and next day delivery through FedEx is almost always used.

Good luck. I'm sure this will be made right, but it sure must be a headache.

Aug 27, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #71 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
Woosh
HI: After reading your post I did a bit of checking on the weight. I looked at the old tracking # and the weight at UPS site said 3.50 lbs. and then looked at my new tracking # and the weight now says 4.40 lbs. that would be a about a 10 oz difference. The 650 weighs 8.125 ozs. So I can't see where the other 2 ozs come from.

The Senn website says the weight of the 650 is 260 grams (I'm assuming with the cable) which would equal to ~9.2 oz. Maybe the 8.125 oz. is without the cable?

Aug 27, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #72 of 95
I'm very sorry this is happening to you.I dont mean to discredit J&R but it is possible it was a warehouse employee at fault.I encountered a similar problem with them back in 1991 with a pair of loudspeakers.I finally received them 2 months later(long story).

I hate to say this but I had a drug addicted friend that was a thief of unimaginable proportions that had inside contacts to stealing stereo equipment in NYC 4-5 years ago.He use to tell me all his tactics and how he accomplished his dirty deeds.We are no longer friends as he ripped me off as well !

This exponentially causes all sorts of repercussions for the business and the consumer.

I cant say for certain nor do I have any proof this transpired at J&R--All I'm saying is that it is a possibility and I certainly hope your situation will be rectified.

If any of you are wondering what I did to hopefully punish the ex-scumbag friend,I made a phone call to the police dept. and turned his sorry #$% in.This same individual even stole $3000 from his dying Grandmother.My point being is that if it was a thief at fault,they have no conscience and go to extreme levels beyond our comprehension to steal.

I am sorry if this post riles anyones emotions--that is not my intention here at all.Hopefully, this is just a fault that the product was never in the box when shipped and will hopefully be rectified in a timely manner.Unforunately,it's hit or miss on the truth whether it's an employee or just a honest mistake.

Aug 28, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #74 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by twc5964
If any of you are wondering what I did to hopefully punish the ex-scumbag friend,I made a phone call to the police dept. and turned his sorry #$% in.This same individual even stole $3000 from his dying Grandmother.My point being is that if it was a thief at fault,they have no conscience and go to extreme levels beyond our comprehension to steal.

i think you did the right thing

Aug 28, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #75 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
OK Floks: I just got a phone call from J&R that the 650 headphones are shipping out this afternoon by red label overnight shipping but UPS don't work here on SAT. So MONDAY they will be here. Also he is calling tomjonesrocks right after my phone call and do the same for him. I am hoping it is tomjonesrocks who he is calling. tomjonesrocks please post if you got the call from them.

This has really taken the fun out of buying new headphones. I had all kinds of thoughts on this problem. Being an extremist this has easily become an extrema problem for me.

I called J&R about compensation and they offered me a 15.00 gift card and I said do you really expect me to order anything from you again? I then said how about the 15.00 credit to my credit card and they said OK they will do that.

I paid 285.00 so this will make the price 270.00 for the new 650 that I will have MONDAY.

I haven't heard anything from J&R yet--called my rep today and got voicemail. So nothing's happened on my end yet. Will likely have to wait the full week you did. There was a shipping issue before I even got this empty box--they held up my order 4 days because I put my work address as the ship-to and didn't contact me about it--so we're really getting into a really extended wait on these.

I'd say I was sorry I didn't order from another retailer, but it seems regular price on these is about $370 and at that price I'd have probably still been debating even ordering them.

BTW--how was J&R's price on these $285 instead of $299?

Edit: got an update from J&R. Looks like the soonest I'll get these is Wednesday as their investigation continues. In the interim (as I coulndn't get the rep at my extension) spoke with a supervisor "Grace" that was absolutely terrible. Full of New York attitude and "you're just going to have to WAIT, sir" BS--she didn't want to give me any timeline at all. I wasn't even raising my voice to her--but eventually had to ask to speak with someone else as she was going to give me no help and no answers and plenty of attitude. I was REALLY furious after speaking with her. Ultimately got transferred back to my original rep Greg who's a lot more pleasant to deal with.

Tend to agree with others though that *I* shouldn't have to be waiting during the investigation. My rep so far is pointing the finger at Sennheiser, saying they recieved some empty boxes of this model from *them*. If they already know that, another reason why I shouldn't be sitting around waiting. I really wonder if this is even going to be resolved this *week* to tell the truth.

I'd love to complain to the highest person at J&R about "Grace" though. Under the circumstances I don't think I should have to listen to any attitude at all. She just guaranteed for me that I'll never, never, NEVER order anything from J&R again. This is only my 3rd order or so with the company, but it's far and away the most expensive--and if the company has supervisors like her I don't want anything to do with them. I was on my way to doing a chargeback on this one until Greg came back on the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back