Just picked up Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising
Oct 8, 2009 at 11:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

chud

500+ Head-Fier
NOBODY had it in stock. And that's not because they sold out of copies. It's because nobody preordered it so stores got paltry shipments.

I'm looking forward to humping across 200square kilometers of land and 1 hour+ long missions.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get what? I found it at a Game Stop. I was just meaning that I had to call and look all over town.

Some stores didn't get any copies to begin with.

Um, the game. This thread is confusing.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 16
i would think the title stating that i just picked it up would make it clear that i have it in my possession but it was difficult to track down.
tongue.gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i would think the title stating that i just picked it up would make it clear that i have it in my possession but it was difficult to track down.
tongue.gif

That's what I thought until I read your first post.

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #9 of 16
What are your first impressions/review of the game? Is it as realistic as the first operation flashpoint?

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by vYu223 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are your first impressions/review of the game? Is it as realistic as the first operation flashpoint?

I never played the first one (i dont think) and im only on the second mission of this one. the first mission was pretty straight forward and nothing memorable. just your typical get used to the controls/tutorial type run through.

the second mission. yeah. wow. you will be crouched down. walking through cover. then all of a sudden, bam, dead.

from reviews though, it is VERY realistic later on. like using the Javelin. you have to unpack it. assemble the ordinance. load it. hoist it to your shoulder. aim. all that. you dont just switch to it and fire.

i love it so far. a nice change of pace from the COD shooters, thats for sure. and its the first game in a long while that i cant play while listening to music. the audio is a must on this one.

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #12 of 16
i guess there's not as many professional competitive gamers on this site afterall.

with all the people saying that they are in the headphone sections......

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 16
You can play single player missions competitively and for money?

Oct 9, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can play single player missions competitively and for money?

haha, no. it's just funny that everytime someone ask for help on picking a headphone for gaming they start out by saying "i play professionally" etc etc and then anytime there is a video game thread on here about any game, it dies.

i guess the crowd is either full of it, or old
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back