just ordered my first "high end" headphone: ER6i!
Jun 30, 2005 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

cire

500+ Head-Fier
well, just 3 minutes ago i ordered my first high end headphones (high end to me because im a cheap person)
eggosmile.gif

Ety ER6i's from buy.com for 83 bucks (damn 5$ tax!!). this is the most ive ever spent on any one piece of audio equipment; my archos 20gb recorder doesnt count, that was a gift. they should arrive by friday since buy.com is located in CA. these things better not disappoint, buyer's remorse would suck....

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
well, just 3 minutes ago i ordered my first high end headphones (high end to me because im a cheap person)
eggosmile.gif

Ety ER6i's from buy.com for 83 bucks (damn 5$ tax!!). this is the most ive ever spent on any one piece of audio equipment; my archos 20gb recorder doesnt count, that was a gift. they should arrive by friday since buy.com is located in CA. these things better not disappoint, buyer's remorse would suck....

Sooner or later you will be spending close to 30x ER6i's, it's inevitable.

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:22 AM Post #4 of 39
****...well i dunno. the "best" pair of headphones i've ever listened to are my brother's bose noise cancelling ones he got 3 years ago. my regular listening stuff are senn MX500s. i should be ok, i hope... you can't have IEMs without cans, can you...maybe thats next on the list...

Jun 30, 2005 at 11:22 AM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolt San
I love mine as much as one can possibly love an inanimate object.
And I own both ER-4Ss and E4Cs and still love my ER-6is.

Just a counterpart to Supsup, I guess.

I hear ya. I love mine
etysmile.gif

I had no buyer remorse whatsoever, except that I paid $106 for mine. That's the same as I paid for my SA1000's. In any case, the ER6i has been an excellent work headphone for me, and equally great wherever I need uncompromising isolation.
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jun 30, 2005 at 11:42 AM Post #8 of 39
Welcome to the team! Trust me, it's a big step up. Enjoy your new phones when they arrive
etysmile.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 12:41 PM Post #9 of 39
Well, I would definately not call the ER-6i's a "high-end"-phone, but for travelling canalphones are awsome, and the ER-6i's sound pretty good. Congrats on your purchase! The isolation on those Etys is exellent!

Jun 30, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #10 of 39
Congrats. I hope you like them as much as I do (which is quite a bit).

Just note: take the time to try the two different eartips. One will likely work a lot better than the other (at least that's my experience)

Jun 30, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #11 of 39
Good clarity and separation, good high end, slightly weak bass but enough for me (and I like house and techno music)

Great isolation, once you have got a good seal the difference is very apparent.

I went from MX500 to my ER6i's and due to the canalphone design and isolation you can hear the naunces of your tunes (I listen to music on my way to work)

It is like you are in a sound proof room with just your music being pumped in to your ears.

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #12 of 39
w/ ER6's, take the time at the beginning to really learn how to seat them properly in your ear - several folks I know got a bad first impression, but later actually learned to put them in right, now they're happy. If the bass sounds lame, you're not seated properly. Expect to add an amp next - something "not too exotic" really balanced out my ER6's nicely; I was pleasantly surprised at the upgrade the amp made.

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #13 of 39
The seal is the most important thing. These triflange tips go WAY DEEP down inside your ear! Push them in as far as you can! To a bearable extent that is...

Small adjustments in the insertion/position of the triflanges in your ears can make a huge difference in sound. The deeper they go, the better they sound!
etysmile.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 6:12 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Sooner or later you will be spending close to 30x ER6i's, it's inevitable.

So true, I bought the ER-6i's, and then two months later, I plopped down 2.5X that on ER4S.

But even now, I still like the ER-6i's, they are entry point into "high end" canalphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back