Just ordered a Jolida 1501RC and NHT SB-3!
May 22, 2005 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

number1sixerfan

Headphoneus Supremus
I can't wait to get these together. I had a hard time deciding between the 1501rc and the 302b, but the remote and extra power lured me in. I decided on the NHT's about two months ago. Can't wait to hear them. Thanks to all that helped me decide.

May 23, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 6
Congratulations! Speakers are a wonderful thing. When I first heard a good speaker system, I immediately sold off all of my headphone stuff and bought a speaker rig. I didn't have the money for both, and the choice was obvious for me. I don't like to think about how much everything in my system has cost, but I think it's around $1800. That will be the total after I finish the amplifier I'm building now (about $1100) and sell off the one I'm currently using. Luckily for me, my parents are paying for the amp I'm building as my graduation present. I could never afford it otherwise.

Anyway, have fun with your new system once it arrives. I'm sure it will sound great.

May 23, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 6
Well, I originally had speakers but sold all that to get headphone gear. But I then found the headphone signature I liked and sold the rest. This lead up to enough money for the speaker setup. BTW, how do you like your jolida? I was contemplating the 302b but I didn't want to fork over the money.

May 23, 2005 at 3:13 AM Post #5 of 6
I really like the Jolida. I think for the money there aren't many products out there that can compete with it, maybe some of the digital units. Anyway, it's great and everything, but I wanted more
tongue.gif

That's why, as we speak (type?), I am in the process of building a preamp with Western Electric 407As (variant of the 396A, same tube except for different heater voltage), and a push-pull 2A3 power amp. They should be SWEET!

The funny thing is, since I'm going to college next year and won't have much space, I'm thinking about selling my speakers over the summer and buying a pair of K1000s! Luckily the amp I'm building should be PERFECT for them. I should try to bring it to the Headroom meet in Maryland in June and listen to the K1000s powered by it.

Man, I just love audio stuff!

May 26, 2005 at 2:14 PM Post #6 of 6
I can't wait to hear this setup! I'm getting goosebumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back