just ordered 990 pro's
Sep 23, 2005 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

1967cutlass

500+ Head-Fier
well, we'll see how i like them. figured i couldn't pass them up for 160$ new... hopefully they'll be as good as my sr-325's were, but not as bright and more musical. ah, the anticipation of waiting!

Sep 23, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #9 of 28
dam that IS a sweet deal...

NO WAY IM buying it though. Just bought a K240s and HF-1s are on the way.!!!

Garrett

Sep 23, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 28
dammit,
what a deal...jahn what gives? should i do this instead of the 325i? does this make more "sense"
jahn is my personal headphone consultant who advises me on acquiring a world class collection of headphones....who is your headphone mentor?

Sep 23, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
dammit,
what a deal...jahn what gives? should i do this instead of the 325i? does this make more "sense"
jahn is my personal headphone consultant who advises me on acquiring a world class collection of headphones....who is your headphone mentor?

John Grado

Sep 23, 2005 at 8:45 PM Post #12 of 28
Congratulations on the 990 purchase! You made a great choice. They won't sound like the 325i's, as the 325i's have a rather magical mid range. The 990's are better all around phone, though, and have fun doing many types of music. I feel they are a much more versatile headphone in many ways. They will give you deep solid bass, much more so than the 325i's. The treble region will be much tamer than the 325i's, while still retaining ample detail. The comfort level will be something Grado owner only dream about, as witnessed by how many of them mod their phones to use the Beyer pads, headband, etc.

Happy listening!

- augustwest

Sep 23, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
Congratulations on the 990 purchase! You made a great choice. They won't sound like the 325i's, as the 325i's have a rather magical mid range. The 990's are better all around phone, though, and have fun doing many types of music. I feel they are a much more versatile headphone in many ways. They will give you deep solid bass, much more so than the 325i's. The treble region will be much tamer than the 325i's, while still retaining ample detail. The comfort level will be something Grado owner only dream about, as witnessed by how many of them mod their phones to use the Beyer pads, headband, etc.

Happy listening!

- augustwest

just what i wanted to hear
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back