Just my luck with new Audio Technica headphones...
Dec 14, 2008 at 8:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Zuerst

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't know what it is with me and new audio technica headphones but...

when I first ordered a new W5000, it came with a big nick and couple more small nicks on one earcup... so I spend an additional $100 for shipping to and from japan to get an exchange new pair... which still had a very faint scratch one on earcup... ugh...

now I went for and got the esw10jpn several weeks ago and surprise, surprise, look what's on one of the earcup of a brand new esw10jpn!!!

esw10jpnscratch.jpg

esw10jpnscratchh.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UU

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #5 of 19
Is it me or does the packaging between the cups look a little torn also?

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #7 of 19
Btw, how can the W5000 be damaged when you got it?? The W5000 came to me double boxed, but even that wouldn't matter since the W5000 comes in their own heavy duty case.

If your W5000 is damaged, either the seller already damaged it before hand or it was already damaged coming from the factory. In either case, you should have demanded an exchange from the seller?

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #8 of 19
Yeah, its a conspiracy!
very_evil_smiley.gif

If they arrive like at your place it has certainly happened during shipping, or before it left the sellers place. In either case it should be covered by either shipping insurance, or replaced by the seller. You are not to blame, and hence should have no extra expenses.

Dec 14, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #9 of 19
Are you getting them from the same place? They could be selling refurbs / display stock.

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #12 of 19
The first W5000 I ever got was through PriceJapan and it arrived in sealed factory packaging so it looks to me a faulty one that slipped through inspection. The replacement W5000 was supposedly opened by PriceJapan to check for cosmetic defect before shipment to me, which has a very faint finish scratch that might go unnoticed under casual inspection. Whatever the case, they'll probably charge me yet another $100 for replacement. Never getting anything from PriceJapan again.

The blemish on the esw10jpn seems to be some sort of abrasion to the finish... either way, I contacted the ebay seller about how the unit appear tempered/not new, had my listen to them, and returned them to the seller for full refund.

I don't know why audio technica don't have some sort of sticker seal things to some of their headphone packaging to make it harder to sell already tempered headphones as new...

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #15 of 19
Good to hear that you got it returned!

If you don't mind paying retail, I can pick up the es10jpn's from Amazon.co.jp for you, make sure they're in good condition and forward the mail via USPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back