Just lost an ebay auction for a pair of K340
Oct 26, 2002 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 64
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally posted by Number9
There is a pair on sale on eBay right now ...being sold in the UK ... and the high bid is now up to $US217 with one day left.

Now that is nuts! No way Jose!

Whoever shells out that kind of dough for these is going to feel ripped-off once they get them. What would make anyone think that they are worth that much? Ouch.

Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
$217???!!!

That is nuts!!

mad.gif

[/size]

Isn't it, though?! And that's $217 plus shipping from the U.K.! Who is this jude_pda character? He sure must be curious about these headphones.
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2002 at 12:16 PM Post #18 of 64
Quote:

Jude ... if its you ... don't do it. Did you suddenly win the lottery?

Unless there is a Hockey Town in the UK, I'm thinking it's not him.

biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2002 at 12:26 PM Post #19 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
[size=xx-small]

[/size]

Isn't it, though?! And that's $217 plus shipping from the U.K.! Who is this jude_pda character? He sure must be curious about these headphones.
wink.gif

I recently checked into shipping from the UK (was considering an X-Tone), and was informed that it would be $70 UK!!! That's over $100!!...and no $$ towards the item itself.

Oh well...guess I didn't want an X-Tone anyway.

mad.gif

Oct 26, 2002 at 5:13 PM Post #21 of 64
Quote:

There is a pair on sale on eBay right now ...being sold in the UK ... and the high bid is now up to $US217 with one day left.

Now that is nuts! No way Jose!

Whoever shells out that kind of dough for these is going to feel ripped-off once they get them. What would make anyone think that they are worth that much? Ouch.

I should have taken up the offer when the seller offerd his pair for me for GBP80+shipping. But I was having hesitations when I knew you guys got yours for at USD80-120. um....tough luck.

Oct 26, 2002 at 5:15 PM Post #22 of 64
Quote:

I recently checked into shipping from the UK (was considering an X-Tone), and was informed that it would be $70 UK!!! That's over $100!!...and no $$ towards the item itself.

mad.gif

No it shouldn't be that expensive via RoyalMail air. I had a pair of Beyers sent to me from there and the cost was GBP27. Keep in mind that I am in HONG KONG.

Oct 26, 2002 at 5:52 PM Post #23 of 64
Quote:

mad.gif

I actually emailed the AKG seller to ask him what the shipping charges to the States would be. He said 20 GBP uninsured, 35 insured. So, before you even pay for the item, that's almost $35 dollars uninsured.

I passed on bidding.

Oct 26, 2002 at 6:49 PM Post #24 of 64
Katsudon1 ... what are people saying about the 340s in Asia.
Supposedly, they are popular in places like Japan.

When I tried to bid on eBay, I was always outbid by someone from Japan, Hong Kong or Singapore.

What's the story?

Oct 26, 2002 at 8:50 PM Post #25 of 64
Quote:

He's not answering elrod ... he must be joking right?

confused.gif

Right....

Oct 29, 2002 at 12:04 PM Post #27 of 64
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
It was me, guys. I imagine they'll be arriving in a week or two.

I won the other auction for the AKG K-145s. I'll trade you and include a headphone to be named later
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2002 at 2:39 PM Post #28 of 64
Wow...Jude...it really was you??

I'm curious how much the shipping is going to set you back. It made it unaffordable for me to buy an X-Tone.

BTW - You'll love the 340!!

Enjoy.....

biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #30 of 64
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Wow...Jude...it really was you??

I'm curious how much the shipping is going to set you back. It made it unaffordable for me to buy an X-Tone.

BTW - You'll love the 340!!

Enjoy.....

biggrin.gif

[/size]

Insured shipping was approximately 26 pounds, if I remember correctly. I hope you're right about me diggin' 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back