Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Jul 25, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #8,926 of 11,345
Quote:

Yeah, I read that this cable is commonly said throughout the thread, but you know how it feels to want to mod your T50RP right?

Fancy recables should be the last mod you do becasue that is the absolute least important thing.  Spending 10 hours recabling a stock T50rp is completely bananas.  I would put stickers above fancy recables in my list of priorities. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #8,928 of 11,345
Quote:
Never owned a 600. You can buy the heafband for $8.50 each.

I really like the way yours turned out, is it much more comfy with the HD600 headband pads? I think I'll give it a try! 

Quote:

Fancy recables should be the last mod you do becasue that is the absolute least important thing.  Spending 10 hours recabling a stock T50rp is completely bananas.  I would put stickers above fancy recables in my list of priorities. 

Took me maybe an hour and a half, 2 hours at most to re-cable my set.
and I used one of the smallest 3.5mm plugs on the market.

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #8,929 of 11,345
I don't know, however long it takes.  I imagine it would take about that long all things considered.  Look if you want to that's totally fine, I'm just trying to help.  The cable isn't the bottleneck with these phones. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #8,930 of 11,345
Quote:
I don't know, however long it takes.  I imagine it would take about that long all things considered.  Look if you want to that's totally fine, I'm just trying to help.  The cable isn't the bottleneck with these phones. 

I have to agree, the stock cable does not bottleneck these phones.
The primary reason for my re-cable was for the looks.
and for the 3.5mm plug. :p

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #8,932 of 11,345
Quote:
The cable isn't the bottleneck with these phones. 

Totally agree.
I did mine in less than two hours, but the only reason was because I had an imbalance which I am certain was caused by the 3.5 jack on the left side. However with the last few pairs I have done I am able to get the sound balanced with the 3.5 in place (just make sure you seal the hole around it and play around with the stuffing volume).
Plus I really like the Vmoda cable. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #8,933 of 11,345
I love the vmoda cable.  It feels just like it is just a piece of fabric or rope with no wire inside.  It has no memory to it and just hangs very naturally.   I never thought I'd enjoy a cable so much.  

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #8,934 of 11,345
i want a vmoda cable as well since its shorter and thinner but im afraid the shipping costs to our country would be more expensive than the cable itself...

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #8,936 of 11,345
Quote:

If you say so. I need to get the O2 anyway, so I'll have to postpone the mod then

i want a vmoda cable as well since its shorter and thinner but im afraid the shipping costs to our country would be more expensive than the cable itself...

Agreed. That's the problem why I want to avoid purchasing anything online and the total cost would be around a recabling mod

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #8,937 of 11,345
Quote:

If you say so. I need to get the O2 anyway, so I'll have to postpone the mod then

Agreed. That's the problem why I want to avoid purchasing anything online and the total cost would be around a recabling mod

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #8,938 of 11,345
Quote:

Yeah, I read that this cable is commonly said throughout the thread, but you know how it feels to want to mod your T50RP right?

Absolutely, I've opened my T50's countless times. Enough that I'm surprised the threads on those screws arent stripped by now, but enough also that I've inadvertently pulled a wire loose a couple of times like rythymdevils just did. Anyway the benefits of the V-Moda cable are it's very inexpensive, it eliminates the channel drop out problem with the stock cable, and it's terminated with the 3.5mm plug. You can always recable with whatever down the road.

Edit: I see your concern with the V-Moda cable now. Shipping costs may make it not so inexpensive.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #8,939 of 11,345
Quote:
10 hours?

Maybe, he was thinking in terms of gub'ment hours? 
biggrin.gif

My recables have taken about 3 hours.  I've taken my time as this is a hobby - not a chore or a job.  Plus, I love to do a good job with the work, so it's all neat in the end.  My cable and connector costs are certainly not a whole lot more than $17.00 - which is the cost of the VModa cable, with shipping involved.  Recabling by installing cables into each cup can resolve many of the "imbalance" issues that people can often hear.  The way the headphones are wired from the factory are far, far less than ideal.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #8,940 of 11,345
Quote:

Maybe, he was thinking in terms of gub'ment hours? 
biggrin.gif

My recables have taken about 3 hours.  I've taken my time as this is a hobby - not a chore or a job.  Plus, I love to do a good job with the work, so it's all neat in the end.  My cable and connector costs are certainly not a whole lot more than $17.00 - which is the cost of the VModa cable, with shipping involved.  Recabling by installing cables into each cup can resolve many of the "imbalance" issues that people can often hear.  The way the headphones are wired from the factory are far, far less than ideal.

Experiencing now. I have to turn the jack at the headphones a bit until I feel it's balanced again. Will changing the cable be enough to solve this issue or recabling completely solves the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back