Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW!
Nov 9, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #10,788 of 11,345

I was going to make you guys wait...but...without further adieu....​
 ​
LFF’s Paradox Suspension Headband Mod For Your T50RP​
PROJECT TIME:

Under 10 minutes

MATERIALS NEEDED:

1 Brand new Coke can with soda inside (sealed). Chilled preferably.
1 Hole Punch
1 sheet of paper
2 rubber hair ties
2 hands (yours preferably)

Step One:

Grab your chilled Coke and set it aside so that you only have the following materials left:

Step Two:

Take that sheet of paper and fold it in half:

Step Three:

Fold it in half again.

Step Four:

Fold it in half length wise....show it who's boss...

Step Five:

Grab your paper and punch a hole in on the side....try to center it...

Step Six:

Turn it around and punch a hole on the other side.

Step Seven:

Grab a rubber hair tie and place it through the hole.

Step Eight:

Put one end of the hair tie through the other end so it loops and secures itself on the paper.

Step Nine:

Repeat step eight on the other side.

Step Ten:

Grab one end of the hair tie on one side and pass it through the metal bars of your T50RP and secure it by looping over the rounded top part of the metal bars.

Step Eleven:

Repeat on other side.

See above pictures...

Step Twelve:

Congratulations! You have now created a suspension headband that is super cheap and comfy!

Step Thirteen:

Skip this…it’s bad luck.

Step Fourteen:

Grad your chilled Coke can, open it and enjoy it while listening to music on your super comfy T50RP.

NOTES: I would recommend you use a nice piece of leather or cloth instead of the paper. The paper was mostly for a quick demonstration and so you know what size of leather/cloth you will need for this.

Enjoy!

:O
Best thing EVER!
Thanks!!

Nov 11, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #10,789 of 11,345
Forgive me for posting the same thing in 2 threads, but I have to shot these bad b***hes off.

I finally finished putting these back together. I just have to make another comfort strap, I kind of wrecked the one I made before by not using long enough screws. I have some headband yokes that I am having powder coated a black/red pearl color but I decided to go in another direction with the color of these cups so I will be using the powder coated yokes on my other pair.

I am experimenting with some materials inside. I have the baffles filled with clay, the drivers are untouched, the cups have 2 bass ports, I used a foam-like rubber material that's about 3/16" thick against the cups in the 2 indentations and then have some cotton from inside a container of vitamins I got on top of that (I think Nick N mentioned that somewhere). I installed 2 Lemo chassis on these so I could finally use the connectors TrollDragon gifted me! (THANKS AGAIN!) And I'm using Shure Alcantara pads. So far they sound really great, but I read somewhere that mods always sound great the first day. HAHA I'll keep them in this config and report back if I change anything.

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #10,790 of 11,345
The most Wicked looking T50RP's to date. A nice comfort strap and these will be gold!
:beerchug:

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #10,791 of 11,345
The most Wicked looking T50RP's to date. A nice comfort strap and these will be gold!
beerchug.gif

Thanks man! Yeah I totally agree, though I am totally biased. I really need that comfort strap, I'll make my way out to the hardware store later on to get some longer screws. I bought the material that Mr. Speakers makes them out of (or similar) so I can just whip up another one for no cost :)

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #10,792 of 11,345
Those are seriously some badass T50rp's!

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #10,793 of 11,345
Man those look good

Nov 11, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #10,794 of 11,345
...anyone else out there listening to their T50rps with the Shure SRH840 pads and glasses on? Mine are driving me nuts. Every time I move, the pad rubs against the arm of the glasses and makes a loud "skronk" noise.

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #10,795 of 11,345
...anyone else out there listening to their T50rps with the Shure SRH840 pads and glasses on? Mine are driving me nuts. Every time I move, the pad rubs against the arm of the glasses and makes a loud "skronk" noise.

Gotta hate that. I don't wear glasses with a prescription but I use Gunnar Optiks glasses when I game. I was using my T50rp with the Shure Alcantara Pads earlier and it was kind of a pain. I didn't get the same noise though.

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #10,796 of 11,345
Gotta hate that. I don't wear glasses with a prescription but I use Gunnar Optiks glasses when I game. I was using my T50rp with the Shure Alcantara Pads earlier and it was kind of a pain. I didn't get the same noise though.

I can wear my glasses with my he4, regardless of pads. But for some reason on the t50, alpha pads, alcantaras, or 840 pads I just can't wear glasses comfortably. I just deal with the slight blur. Must be the fit of the hp as they don't clamp hard or anything.

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #10,797 of 11,345

I don't have that problem although in my case the glasses are computer glasses and the arms are fully plastic. Not sure if that makes a difference. Whenever I move the headphones and glasses stay firm on my face/head so there's no rubbing on them. Whenever I adjust them though I hear the same as you.

Forgive me for posting the same thing in 2 threads, but I have to shot these bad b***hes off.

Forgive you? Thank you!
Curious in knowing what you did over the vents though? What did you cover them with before painting over them?

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #10,798 of 11,345
I don't have that problem although in my case the glasses are computer glasses and the arms are fully plastic. Not sure if that makes a difference. Whenever I move the headphones and glasses stay firm on my face/head so there's no rubbing on them. Whenever I adjust them though I hear the same as you.

Forgive you? Thank you!
Curious in knowing what you did over the vents though? What did you cover them with before painting over them?

Ha you're welcome! I Bondo'd them and sanded them down smooth, primers the whole cup, painted them metallic Grey, put on the Fostex deals I had custom made, sprayed black tint over that, and then applied clear coat. Lots of work and time but totally worth it!

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #10,799 of 11,345
Ha you're welcome! I Bondo'd them and sanded them down smooth, primers the whole cup, painted them metallic Grey, put on the Fostex deals I had custom made, sprayed black tint over that, and then applied clear coat. Lots of work and time but totally worth it!

i wear glasses all the time never a problem w alpha pads or shures
anyway no bass ports? do you find them unnecessary?
great job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back