Just had to pull the trigger on.........
Dec 1, 2008 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sithlord32786

New Head-Fier
......some Beyerdynamic DT 770/80 Pro's on Ebay.
bigsmile_face.gif
I really don't need to be spending the cash, but I just couldn't help myself.

$150 minus 40% with Ebay coupon and Live.com cashback. It ends up being around $90 or so. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Now I just need an amp. My budget will only allow for something along the lines of an Ebay cmoy. Any ideas? Has anybody had experience with 9v cmoys and DT 770/80's? BSG, Juice2214, CSG? Thanks in advance.
beyersmile.png

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 6
Right now there's a guy who's selling a bunch of new Creek OBH-11's for $89.99 a piece. Use the live.com Ebay cashback on top of it, and I really don't think you can get any better than that!

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the head's up man. I've got some questions though. How big is that amp. I was looking for something fairly portable and it looks like that thing is only powered by a big power supply. If it is really that good of a deal though, I could just get this and maybe get a small portable later. Does this amp really cost $200+ normally? I guess I need to research this thing a little more.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 6
No, it's definitely not portable. You could get a CMOY for that now, like you said, and save up for a better portable later.

I haven't heard the Creek unit, but I have read that it's a bit underwhelming. Nothing fantastic, but for that price, I'm not sure you could find anything better!

Scratch around in the For Sale forum here for a couple of days. I'm sure you'll find something that'll work for you.

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 6
While it's not what I'm looking for, I still think it's almost too good of a deal to pass up.

I've got another question though. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff. In the auction it lists that it comes with a 1/8" Stereo plug to two RCA. Is this the cable that I would use to connect an Mp3 player to this amp? Would the two RCA ends go into the back of the amp, while the 1/8" stereo would go into the player? Just wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 6
^ You understand more than you think, obviously!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back