Just Got The Sony MDR-V6!
Aug 30, 2002 at 6:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

averydonovan

Headphoneus Supremus
My Sony MDR-V6's that I ordered last Saturday came today. I had first purchased a set of Sennheiser HD 497's but took them back since their bass was just too weak for me. So these would still be the first set of good headphones that I have owned so far.

Well, my first impressions of these things is they kick some serious butt compared to anything I have ever owned. They sound like what I remember hearing over 3 years ago (actually they were MDR-7506's which are suppossed to be identical) and I am very glad I got a set finally. The bass is incredibly deep yet very clear, and these things will reveal parts of my music that I never knew were there. They don't sound as spacious as most other headphones I have heard, but at the same time stereo sound effects sound much better placed (I'm no audiophile, so please excuse my poor descriptive terms). And they are also very comfortable. So far I think they are worth every penny I spent (only $70, actually) and more.

Aug 30, 2002 at 7:31 AM Post #3 of 6
I managed to get them at millionbuy.com. Shipping was a little over $7, and even though it was UPS it took less than a week to get to me.

Aug 30, 2002 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 6
Yes, the MDR-V6s are awesome, and they do have the DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP bass. And the isolation is very effective too, and you hear every part of the music very closely. Couldn't live without them!
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 6
Hi,
Just want to let you know that Meta42 will improve the midrange and sense of space on the V6. Enjoy your phone...and welcome to the world of deep bass.

Aug 31, 2002 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
Hi,
Just want to let you know that Meta42 will improve the midrange and sense of space on the V6. Enjoy your phone...and welcome to the world of deep bass.

Thanks for the tip Purk! The midrange, or lack thereof, is certainly the weakest aspect of the V6/7506 to my ears. **Mental note to ask Santa Claus for Meta42**
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back