Just got the Canon AE 1 Camera!!
May 17, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #17 of 19
I shot High School and College yearbook with my AE-1 - having moved up from a Pentax I had gotten for Christmas early in High School.

AE-1 was the bomb, shot all sorts of film.  I upgraded to Nikon a year or 2 into medical practice.  The Nikon film system has been recently used for my kids, and some of their friends in Photography class in High School.  Hmm, photography as a class, back in the mid-late 70s, photo shooting, film processing, and print developing was a double secret closet profession.  I will give the current school present, while the teacher did have the film processed, the kids learned about printing B&W prints, and had to produce their own projects.

I switched to digital a good while back, and currently have a Lumix GF1 with some lenses.  I was thinking about getting the Leica digital camera, until I learned it only cost $7K for the body, and $2-5K each for the lenses.  The Lumix looked GREAT then.

May 18, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
I'm thinking about getting the FE as well and using the Canon as a dedicated black and white film camera since you can't pop the color and B n W films back and forth in one single camera.

You mean EF? Get it =D

I have that one in my possession atm, found it in the basement (along with a Ricoh 500 me) Just gotta love the feel, and simplicity of a SLR.

Btw you can swap between color and b&w tho it would be overly tedious, and you could accidentally multi expose

May 18, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #19 of 19
The AE-1 was a breakthrough camera in that it was the first real mass market SLR.  A great choice and you can get tons of fantastic lenses for it at bargain basement prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back