just got the AH-D5000. got some questions
Nov 20, 2008 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,i finally recieved my new denon AH-D5000.
im having some fitting issues with them. my qustion is gonna sound a little stupid but...the thick side of the foam should be on the back or the front of the head.??

i think it will take me a little while to get used to the bass. its like too much sometimes!

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,i finally recieved my new denon AH-D5000.
im having some fitting issues with them. my qustion is gonna sound a little stupid but...the thick side of the foam should be on the back or the front of the head.??

i think it will take me a little while to get used to the bass. its like too much sometimes!

The thick side of the foam should be behind your ear, and consistent with the left/right designations on the mahogany ear pieces. The design effect is to slightly angle the earpieces inward, parallel to the line of angle that your ears make with the side of your head (at least that's what I've always assumed).

The bass will settle down, together with your getting accustomed to it over time.

What source and amp are you using, BTW? : )

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 5
thx for your answer. i am using cowon d2 as my source and its connected to a headroom ultra micro amp which i think is fantastic.

i know that this is maybe not the right forum to ask...but can you recommend
of another source, maybe more flat ,that i can use as a source for my amp?

i read some reviews about other players which is much flat and reference
than the d2 (which is the opposite). and the reason that i stick with the d2 is because it reads flac files.

i know i can use my computer but i dont have thet cash right now for a dac,
and i dont want to use it through the headphones jack right to my amp.

Nov 20, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 5
d5000... womp womp womp
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 5
Hey plonter,

I have a fairly similar setup with the Headroom Ultra Micro Amp and the AH-D5000. Previously I was using a pair of HD-580s so the change from open to sealed headphones was pretty huge. The first 8 hours the bass was overwhelming but my brain adjusted to it pretty quickly. I'm using the Ultra Micro DAC with it and can't imagine it's any less bass-heavy than your Cowon D2 so I'd stay stick with what you've got for now. If you still think you want the bass reduced a bit, you might want to look into the MarkL mods which should offer a bit more controlled bass at lawtonaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back