just got some ATH-CM700s off ebay. Harshness issues.
Apr 17, 2007 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

rligeti

100+ Head-Fier
It's been quite a while since I've visited or posted here. Anyway, i picked up a set of ath-cm700 earbuds from ebay for what seems to be a rediculously low price, and now I'm wondering if they are knock-offs. I got them last night and was very excited to gove them a listen. Long and shot of it is that they shound like $hit. No bass, no treble, just buckets of mid that feels like an icepick in my eardrum. Do these need an extended burn-in time? Also, is there a way to tell if they are genuine? The packageing, documentation and build quality are all perfect, and the shring wrap was still in tact. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

confused.gif

Thanks!
Rob

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #3 of 11
I'll try to post some tonight...
R

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 11
Oh yea, this is very important if you didn't do this in the first place like I did.

POSITION IS VERY IMPORTANT.

You should make sure the drivers are facing your ear canal. When I first got them, they fitted extremely nice into my ear without facing the eardrum. I turned it a bit forward so it was facing it and noticed the significant difference.

Try it out!

Apr 17, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 11
i'll try that as well. Thanks!
Rob

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:43 AM Post #6 of 11
OK, the problem solved. (after seeing large pics and did some direct comparision)

The one I saw is fake b/c the ATH mark on the back is suppossed to be grey , not white.

Hope this will help you too.

Hi , Rob.

May I know how much you get it for and is it made of aluminum?
I also saw cm700 for only $9.9 plus $12 shipping on eBay from a HongKong seller. The pic looks kinda real to me since it has shinny metallic color just like aluminum. However, there are tons of fake cm700 out there and the price seems too good to be true. Hope you can answer these questions for me.

Thanks

Eric

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #7 of 11
hi rob, I think you bought a fake one mate. Lot of fake audio technica earphones on ebay. Lots dont come with original packaging like the real ones. They usually comes in plastic.

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #8 of 11
Okay, i figured it out. The reason they dont sound good is because my ears are to small where they are supposed to sit. Crap. These are VERY sensetive to placement within the ear. if i apply the ever so sligtest pressure on them to "seal" them against my ear, the sound seems to expolde from them, and the quality is amazing. I guess it would be like a woofer in a cabinet vs. sitting in open space. There's some sort of acoustic coupling going on. As soon as I let up, it vanishes. Anyway, i'm gonna pitch these. i've used them exactly 2 times, but I chucked all the packaging. Anbody interested? You can read my feedback to ensure my crediility and I have 400 positives on ebay as well. I dont screw around and always stand by my items. Anyway, first reasonable offer will be accepted.

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by rligeti /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, i figured it out. The reason they dont sound good is because my ears are to small where they are supposed to sit. Crap. These are VERY sensetive to placement within the ear. if i apply the ever so sligtest pressure on them to "seal" them against my ear, the sound seems to expolde from them, and the quality is amazing. I guess it would be like a woofer in a cabinet vs. sitting in open space. There's some sort of acoustic coupling going on. As soon as I let up, it vanishes. Anyway, i'm gonna pitch these. i've used them exactly 2 times, but I chucked all the packaging. Anbody interested? You can read my feedback to ensure my crediility and I have 400 positives on ebay as well. I dont screw around and always stand by my items. Anyway, first reasonable offer will be accepted.

In the interest of full disclosure, i will tell you that I am into these for a whopping total of $16. Here's a link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8826&rd=1&rd=1.

Anyway, anybody want to take a chance on these? for $16 plus a couple buckes for priority mail anywhere in the conterminous US.'

Thanks,
Rob

Apr 25, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by bestnaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi , Rob

Mind to answer my question ?
wink.gif

As far as I can tell they are legit. The build qulity is amazing, and they look like the real deal. Of course, so do the $20 rolexes coming out of china. Who knows. I dont know if it's aluminum, but it os for sure metal, not plastic.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back