Just got Scarlet's Walk
Nov 3, 2002 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

aerius

Banned
I gave in and bought Scarlet's Walk by Tori Amos on my way home today. I'm only on track 6 so far but it's a winner, every song so far has been amazing, wow. Standout track so far is Wednesday, I just love the intrumentation and change in temp and styles. I'm happy, and I'm off to order some concert tickets.
smily_headphones1.gif

More to come as I listen to more of it.

Nov 3, 2002 at 5:55 AM Post #2 of 5
I'm been listening to it too and I agree, amongst her best.

Quote:

Originally posted by aerius
I gave in and bought Scarlet's Walk by Tori Amos on my way home today. I'm only on track 6 so far but it's a winner, every song so far has been amazing, wow. Standout track so far is Wednesday, I just love the intrumentation and change in temp and styles. I'm happy, and I'm off to order some concert tickets.
smily_headphones1.gif

More to come as I listen to more of it.

Nov 4, 2002 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 5
Yup, I've only listened to it once so far, but it's going right back in next chance I have. There's even one really nice headphone moment on it. Best thing she's done in years.

Nov 6, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 5
Funny, I thought I saw a question in this thread earlier.

Anyway, here's the answer (the question should be obvious):

at approximately 2:45, during the vocal bridge section:

"Oh Zion please
remove your glove
and dispel every
trace
of His spoken word
That has lodged
In my vortex..."

During the singing, between the two syllables of 'vortex', they completely shift the effects on her vocals.

It's also all throughout "Sweet Sangria", but not as in-your-face.

Nov 6, 2002 at 5:09 PM Post #5 of 5
So that's where that is, there's so many cool moments on the CD that I'd go nuts trying to figure them all out. It's so musical and easy to listen to, and all the songs are amazing so there's no skipping around. Stylewise I think it's a quieter & softer version of Choirgirl Hotel, but with some of the "weirdness" of Boys for Pele thrown in here and there to keep things lively. I think it makes a really nice continuation from the Pink, Pele, and Choirgirl albums. Back into the player it goes for more listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back