just got my se530s :D
Dec 13, 2007 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

tskiller

New Head-Fier
smily_headphones1.gif

Keep in mind that this is the first pair of "good" headphones i've had, and my first step into audiophile land. my last set was some cheap aiwas. They finally went **** up so i decided to get a nice pair of IEMs, makes the walks to and from class and in the library alot nicer. I've got to say, i'm very impressed so far. Just got done listening to Liszt's Totentanz, and wow, its like it breathes new life into my recordings. Each stroke of the piano and each individual chord is crisp and vibrant. All of my music seems new to me again.
biggrin.gif

I think the best part is i *think* my parents are vacuuming upstairs but i cant tell. Once i got them fitted into my ear, (took a bit of trying) they isolate very well. On that note, can anyone comment on the PTH module? Is it worth a purchase?

Furthermore, can anyone comment on whether an amp will make a noticeable difference? Most of my listening will be from my Zen vision:M, or occasionally out of my computer's x-fi fatality.

Dec 13, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 41
Crongrats!!! I just bought a pair too, but they dont come in till friday. Ive heard from the reviews that the PTH module works well. I would only buy it if u need it and are going too use it alot. Yes, an amp would help make the SE530's really shine. I want too get one my self. I was looking at the ibasso T2 and its just so small I cant believe its an amp, but im still looking for some more reviews of how good it sounds, but from what ive heard so far it does sound good.

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 41
congrats the se530 have been my fav IEM for a while even over ue10's, the ue10's are flatter but dont extend into bassland like the shures do and i listen to reggae, rap/hip hop alot so you can guess why i love em. as pure bass earphones they are not the most powerful but clearly the best IMO as far as quality and quantity go.

the mids are certainly up there aswell. most people claim the highs are a weak point but i think they compliment the bass and mids beautifully and makes the phones overall shine

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 41
The PTH module works very well, but it is rather bulky and gets in the way.

The E500/SE530 are very easy to drive, but they do see some improvement with a good amp. However, the improvement is not as drastic as it is with other phones.

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 41
i got the PTH module with my shures just so i had the whole english breakfast but ive used it once and wouldnt take it out with me as it is too cumbersome, nice device tho, weird to use at first and quite an amazing feeling but not really useable all the time the mic is very sensitive

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 41
Nice!

I was planning on getting the Westone 3's, but Westone kinda disappointed me with the delays and keeping us out of the loop.

So I will either go for the Shure E530 now, or the Klipsch Custom-3's or the q-JAYS.

I've got the money ready, who's going to pick it up?
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 41
The PTH is not worth purchasing imo. It's way too heavy and bulky. Just hit pause and pay attention if you need to hear something outside of the music.

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice!

I was planning on getting the Westone 3's, but Westone kinda disappointed me with the delays and keeping us out of the loop.

So I will either go for the Shure E530 now, or the Klipsch Custom-3's or the q-JAYS.

I've got the money ready, who's going to pick it up?
biggrin.gif

my advice to you would be the klipsch ar enot triple driver so cant be expected to outperform shure e500 or triple fi, the q-jays are good but in reality are a little light on bass but still very accurate. my advice would be triple fi or e500.

theres no doubt the westone 3 should be great but in the bass it cant be said to beat the shures or triple fi

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #10 of 41
IEMs are generally very sensitive and will sound great even without an amp. Just enjoy the music and stop worrying about your equipment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #11 of 41
I have had mine for a while and they were a replacement for my E5c's that died on me. I am going to send them in the Shure and have them fixed but love the SE530 better than the E5c's. I have a Hornet amp and with it they ROCK... without the amp they Rock as well when my iPod is on my arm and no amp. Enjoy them...

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #12 of 41
E500 work excellent unamped, enjoy it.

The PTH module is very useful to me when i want to talk someone or hear sth during the work times and outdoors. Good devices imo.

Dec 14, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #14 of 41
I have a pair of SE530's on the way so I am hoping to join the happy ranks here. Yeah, they were more than I wanted to drop but I'll see how they work for me and report back. Worst case scenario? I buy more headphones. Step one is admitting you have a problem.....
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my advice to you would be the klipsch ar enot triple driver so cant be expected to outperform shure e500 or triple fi, the q-jays are good but in reality are a little light on bass but still very accurate. my advice would be triple fi or e500.

theres no doubt the westone 3 should be great but in the bass it cant be said to beat the shures or triple fi

I don't think any of us can start judging Klipsch's line of headphones before hearing them ourselves, regardless of how many drivers they have. And why can't the Westone 3 be just as good or better in the bass department?

Most of your previous posts were borderline neutral, this one I think stepped just over the line. Shure fanboy, much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back