1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Just got my first CIEM - JH16PRO ...quick question about fit for the experienced folks

1. chicagojammer
    My fit is pretty good where I don't have any discomfort and the sound quality is great...however I notice that I get a distracting pop sound in both ears, more on my right ear whenever I move around or look up.  I noticed more ambient sound comes in when this happens so I figure the seal is breaking.  The sound quality does not really get worse but the pop sound/suction sound is a bit distracting.  

I am thinking of sending them in for a refit, but am not sure if I am better off requesting longer canal tips or a wider aperture or both.   Does looking up (mouth closed)  typically cause this to happen for any other CIEM owners out there?  Just trying to get an idea of what a good fit would be like.   Going down stairs in this thing definitely caused the popping sound to happen a ton.

Thanks for your time everyone.

2. chicagojammer
    shazbot!