Just got my e2cs =D
May 25, 2005 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nomdeguerre

formerly w1ned
Yep, I've decided on that from everyones previous suggestions and I'mloving them.

The ultra-soft sleeves make them exactly on-par with my previous ex-71's in comfort. I thought that like the er-6i's I'd have to shove them in my ears, but they're amazingly comfortable and the sound's great. So, thanks everyone =D

Quick question: Do these sound better after "burn in" ?

May 25, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 12
yes burn them in for ~100 hours and they blossom. Although you need an amp or robust receiver output to do it right, unless your portable player has a beefy headphone circuit. My creative players certainly dont.

BURN IN EFFECTS DO EXIST DAMMIT!! (not directed towards you my friend but anyone else who will try and tell me what MY ears are hearing).

**edit**
Enjoy them... pssst.... they sound Huge amped.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Garrett

May 25, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #3 of 12
Awesome, thanks =D.

Btw, when you wear these, do you wear it with the cord going down your back? And did you keep that flimsey looking plastic tube they give you to use as a cord shortening uhh "thing"?

Oh, and which amp do you use and for which type of music?
Thanks

May 25, 2005 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
yes burn them in for ~100 hours and they blossom. Although you need an amp or robust receiver output to do it right, unless your portable player has a beefy headphone circuit. My creative players certainly dont.

BURN IN EFFECTS DO EXIST DAMMIT!! (not directed towards you my friend but anyone else who will try and tell me what MY ears are hearing).

**edit**
Enjoy them... pssst.... they sound Huge amped.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Garrett

I thought that balanced armature stuff that IEM's use (ER6, ER4, etc.) don't burn in (?) Unless the E2 is different from these others I mentioned.

How do those ultra soft flex sleeves affect the sound? Hopefully in a positive way...

May 26, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by w1ned
Awesome, thanks =D.

Btw, when you wear these, do you wear it with the cord going down your back? And did you keep that flimsey looking plastic tube they give you to use as a cord shortening uhh "thing"?

Thanks

I wear them with the cord over my ears, but I run it down the front of my shirt instead of down my back. I find that much easier than arranging it down the back of my shirt.

appar- I always thought the foamies sounded best with the e2c's, but the ultra softs were close behind.

May 26, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by w1ned
Awesome, thanks =D.

Thanks

My cords go behind my ears, down past my jawbone and I run the wire in front of my adams apple. I slide the clear tube up so its just below my shirt collar. I tried the behind the neck thing and didnt care for it. I always felt like it was pulling on me.

electric avenue PA2, use it on everything I listen to. which is basically everything except rap, classical, and hip hap.... whatever that is.

**Edit**
The only Time I go sans-amp is when I need max portability... at the beach, chasing my kid around the park, doing yardwork.

May 26, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
I thought that balanced armature stuff that IEM's use (ER6, ER4, etc.) don't burn in (?) Unless the E2 is different from these others I mentioned.

How do those ultra soft flex sleeves affect the sound? Hopefully in a positive way...

The E2c is a dynamic driver, that is why the body is so much larger. I don't really like mine, but the new ultra soft flex sleeves are nice, much more convenient than foamies, comfortable, and they sound good, probably my favorite of the sleeves, only problem being increased microphonics from the foamies.

May 26, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111

e2c is unique in that it does not use a balanced armature... its simply a small speaker in an enclosure.

May 26, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #10 of 12
You may also want to consider the triple flanges if you're looking for something similar to the etys. I usually switch between these and the ultrasofts depending on how my ears are feeling.

Quote:

One more question-
These don't have wax filters on them straight from the factory, correct?
When you place the filter on, is the side that faces up also a bit sticky?

I think the upside is a bit sticky, but it should be fairly obvious which side is down seeing as how they already are stuck to the plastic sleeve.

Quote:

I usually run it down my back, although I will admit that it is challenging to do this is a crowded or public place. Down the front of the shirt is probably advisable for shorter listening sessions. Keep the plastic tube on there as tightening it can help them from falling out of your ear.

I'm also using the PA2, which is a great starter amp and is small enough that it barely affects the size of most portable rigs.

While some improvements could be made, they really are great little phones overall...

May 26, 2005 at 9:00 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by violante
I usually run it down my back, although I will admit that it is challenging to do this is a crowded or public place. Down the front of the shirt is probably advisable for shorter listening sessions. Keep the plastic tube on there as tightening it can help them from falling out of your ear.

When I had them I wore the cord on the inside of my shirt and down my back (touching my spine)

I would put it there before heading to uni for the day, and when I wanted to take the e2c's I would let them dangle on the inside of my open collar, so they where not obvious and I knew where they where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back