Just got my AD700's
May 9, 2013 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

yay101

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all! I am a long time stalker first time poster, i just got my AD700's from Kogan. The packaging was a mangled piece of cardboard by the time i got it, coming from Hong Kong to Canberra Australia was quite a trek. Upon opening the box however it is in perfect condition and am listening to them right now.

My listening systems are:
PC -> ODAC -> Audioengine A5+'s
SANSA CLIP + -> E6 -> AD700

First impressions:
Bass is lacking, although this has had no burn in time at all, and as soon as i choose EQ2 on the E6 i forget completely about that little issue. So there is a tip for others who found the bass lacking, the E6 fixes that perfectly.

Sound:
The sound is great for what i payed for my setup, nothing to brag about but many times the experience most people have. With the low end effectively fixed by the E6 i really can't fault the sound. It is much warmer without being irritating or fatiguing. I honestly could't be happier, so thank you guys for the suggestions.

One thing i can't get over however is the soundstage, or more specifically the vocals living inside my head. It is truly amazing, Even all the more expensive headphones i tried, HD700's ETC didn't have this effect. I love it.

As everyone says the fit is amazing and they are very comfortable.

Another satisified new audio-technica fan.

May 9, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hey all! I am a long time stalker first time poster, i just got my AD700's from Kogan. The packaging was a mangled piece of cardboard by the time i got it, coming from Hong Kong to Canberra Australia was quite a trek. Upon opening the box however it is in perfect condition and am listening to them right now.

My listening systems are:
PC -> ODAC -> Audioengine A5+'s
SANSA CLIP + -> E6 -> AD700

First impressions:
Bass is lacking, although this has had no burn in time at all, and as soon as i choose EQ2 on the E6 i forget completely about that little issue. So there is a tip for others who found the bass lacking, the E6 fixes that perfectly.

Sound:
The sound is great for what i payed for my setup, nothing to brag about but many times the experience most people have. With the low end effectively fixed by the E6 i really can't fault the sound. It is much warmer without being irritating or fatiguing. I honestly could't be happier, so thank you guys for the suggestions.

One thing i can't get over however is the soundstage, or more specifically the vocals living inside my head. It is truly amazing, Even all the more expensive headphones i tried, HD700's ETC didn't have this effect. I love it.

As everyone says the fit is amazing and they are very comfortable.

Another satisified new audio-technica fan.

Yeah the bass is lacking in.. well everything on the AD700.

Soundstage and positional cues are excellent on the AD700, even when compared to the AD900X.  

I love both, but the AD900X was the keeper 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back