Just got Koss KSC75. what mods should I do for a beginner?
Jun 2, 2013 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

DeltaX5

100+ Head-Fier
Well my yuins ok2 right earbud just doesn't work anymore. my old pk2's had the same problem. Never getting yuin's again. But they do sounded so good.
ANYWAYS.
I needed headphones for one day since i used to use my headphones a lot on the bus. I own a car now so it's not really needed. So i got these cheep.
Anyways i have been reading some other posts about Koss KSC75 and people mod these a lot.
So far I think in ordering some sennheiser ear pads. do these look good to you guys?vv
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Black-Leather-Ear-Cushion-Pads-for-Sennheiser-PX-200-PX200-Earphones-Headphones-/171046931957?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item27d3310df5
Don't do much soldering. my soldering iron kinda sucks and not very good with it.
Maybe re-cabling may be a option but want a small plug like the vanilla KSC75 have. would be cool to have a braided one maybe.
Were can i get these. Live in canada.

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 13
these are cheeper
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ear-Pads-SENNHEISER-PX100-PX100-II-PMX100-PX60-PX200-Cushions-Earpad-Foam-Black-/321134792873?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item4ac52010a9

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #4 of 13
I just noticed that the second link is almost the same one's that the Koss KSC75 already have.
Anyways the first link I posted, are those as good as the genuine Sennheiser PX 200 one's? the genuine ones are almost double the price and don't want to spend that much.
Anyone there so i can order these soon?

Jun 4, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 13
The biggest improvement you can get with the KSC75 is to connect them to something with more power than a phone, mp3 player or tablet.

I was very disappointed with mine when I used them with my Sansa Clip+, a bit more satisfied with iRiver H140 and H340 players and with a cheap C-Media based USB audio card. I thought all the good reviews were basically so much overexcited bs and started to read about different mods. Then I connected the KSC75 my old Sony CD/MD/Radio and they sounded great. Next I tried them with an old Yamaha home theatre receiver and again they sounded superb. Not just good but actually impressive. Yesterday I tried them out with a battered old Sony ICF-SW11 12-band World Band Radio (small travel radio) which has a single speaker but stereo headphone socket for FM. The Koss sound really good on this too with a very vivid natural sound.

I'm not modding mine. I'll try them with a headband instead of clips (for convenience) but there is no way I'm drilling holes in the plastic covers or using different pads. They already sound great and only need an appropriate source i.e. not a low powered device designed for very low impedance, highly sensitive IEMs and buds.

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 13
Well i have a cowon D2 witch i heard has a really good dac built in.Also have a fiio amp.
I have my grado 125's for my home listening use.

I don't think ill recable them unlese they start ripping witch prob won't be long since the wire seems cheep.
I will probably just replace the pads for the sennheiser px200 pads and spray paint that gray thing under the clip black.
is the ones i posted in the first post the offical one's? Or knock offs. They will be still good since it's half the price of the other one's and don't want to spend to much money.

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 13
OMG!  The most famous mod ever on Head-Fi is a mod for the KSC-75.  Almost everyone knows about the Kramer Mod:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/124243/kramer-mod-ksc75

He's active again, so you may be able to send him a PM, too, if you have questions!

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #8 of 13
I just did that kramer mod. 4 big holes and 4 small holes at the ends. Like in one of the pics in that topic. The holes are not per fact, but it seems to sound even. The sound does seem better and a bit more bass. But I also haven't listen to them since that 30hr burn in I did prier doing this mod.
Anyways i ordered those senpx200 pads from that fist link seller. I don't know if there fake or not since i seen that he does in fact sell fake stuff, But in the description says it's from a builk pack. may be actually real. fake or real if they fit and confy I'm happy.

Jun 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #9 of 13
man thisheadset makes me upset. There open so I hear everything, making sometimes hard to hear what your listening to. Sigh. Ohh well gotta roll with these one's for now for a bit.

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
Anyways i have been reading some other posts about Koss KSC75 and people mod these a lot.
So far I think in ordering some sennheiser ear pads. do these look good to you guys?vv
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Black-Leather-Ear-Cushion-Pads-for-Sennheiser-PX-200-PX200-Earphones-Headphones-/171046931957?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item27d3310df5

I just got these today and put them on my KSC75's. VERY happy with them. They are more comfortable and they seem to beef up the sound a bit. It could just be my imagination or wishful thinking, but they do sound more full now.

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #11 of 13
Interesting. Probably not wishful thinking. I would suppose they increase isolation &/ direct the sound like swapping pads on over-ear phones.

Jul 7, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #13 of 13
recommended mods plus with the best lightest bluetooth receiver go blu.

image936.png
th great bluetooth receiver ....

Attachments

• image936.png
    image936.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back