Just got a Shure SE215 and I'm disappointed :-(
May 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ithehappy

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not an audiophile, I just love to listen to music. And that's why I ordered a Shure SE215. Been listening to it for past couple of hours. I considered it mainly for its design, the brand and that so called 'enhanced bass'. But I'm not happy. I'm using it with my phone, a Galaxy Note 2, with PowerAMP, with Mega Bass Beats. Now the stock Samsung headphone, I just hate, most horrible earpiece I've ever listened, no details, muddy bass and all. The Shure surely is way more clear, way more detailed, but I'm sorry, where is the bass punch? It's not deep either, it's just strong that's all. Now I paid 65 bucks for it, which is 40 bucks less than normal, as I had a cousin work in Shure.
Anyway, now I'm not sure if I should keep the product or not! I have a Sony MH1C too, but unfortunately my friend borrowed it and I'm not gonna get it back until next week, but if I'm not wrong it has much better bass punch that the Shure and the audio was clear too.
So, should I keep it or give it a ta-ta?

Saurav.

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100

May 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 14
First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-279-iems-compared-audio-technica-ckm500-added-05-01-13-p-678
(as this sort of falls under the "asking for recommendations" sort of post)

If you need more bass, you need more bass. Already find the Shures to be plenty excessive, but it is mostly midbass which would explain some of your qualms. I'd say sell it and keep the change - if you like the MH1Cs enough, not really a need for an upgrade.

(otherwise the FXZ100 or the EPH100 are nice, even bassier alternatives if you are looking for something else)

May 4, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 14
The se215 are great IEMs. They're bassier IEMs when compared to the more mid centric sets further up the Shure line, but that doesn't mean they're bass cannons for bass heads. Looks like you're going to have to keep looking.

May 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:
First off - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-279-iems-compared-audio-technica-ckm500-added-05-01-13-p-678
(as this sort of falls under the "asking for recommendations" sort of post)

If you need more bass, you need more bass. Already find the Shures to be plenty excessive, but it is mostly midbass which would explain some of your qualms. I'd say sell it and keep the change - if you like the MH1Cs enough, not really a need for an upgrade.

(otherwise the FXZ100 or the EPH100 are nice, even bassier alternatives if you are looking for something else)

Thanks sir. I have read the Joker's topic thoroughly already, but wasn't aware of that other topic. So sorry for creating this topic.
Quote:
The se215 are great IEMs. They're bassier IEMs when compared to the more mid centric sets further up the Shure line, but that doesn't mean they're bass cannons for bass heads. Looks like you're going to have to keep looking.

Not really. I just need to find a good IEM with bass, that's all. No disrespect to anyone, but I have heard a lot of IEM which gives more detailed sound, with great mid and beautifully non-distorted highs, like SE215, but there are very few IEMs which can produce deep bass. And I belong to the latter category.
Shure SE215 might be a great IEM, but it's just not for me, never was. I have tried my best to like it, didn't like the sound at all, yet I kept listening and listening, and finally I gave up and now it's up for sale! What a wrong decision I have made, and I should be ashamed of this. I have never been this unhappy with any product purchase I have made in my whole life. 
Quote:

+1

FXZ100 bass quality is top class, and goes deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepp!!

Looks like the FXZ100 is an awesome unit, especially I think it's for me. BUT 200+ bucks, well frankly I don't have the mentality to afford it. Lets see though. 
I didn't expect a response from this topic, that's why I was doing my own homework and searching and I was almost going for the Sony XB90 EX, which is just 75 bucks over here and has a 16 mm driver! and fits my 100 bucks limitation perfectly. But I am quite sure the JVC will be the clear winner.
Is there any other JVC IEM like FXZ100 bass, at a little lower cost?

Saurav.

May 5, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Quote:
Not really. I just need to find a good IEM with bass, that's all. No disrespect to anyone, but I have heard a lot of IEM which gives more detailed sound, with great mid and beautifully non-distorted highs, like SE215, but there are very few IEMs which can produce deep bass. And I belong to the latter category.
Shure SE215 might be a great IEM, but it's just not for me, never was. I have tried my best to like it, didn't like the sound at all, yet I kept listening and listening, and finally I gave up and now it's up for sale! What a wrong decision I have made, and I should be ashamed of this. I have never been this unhappy with any product purchase I have made in my whole life. 

So... you actually agree with my post then? Especially the bit you put in bold? Because as far as I can see we're both saying the exact same thing.

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #13 of 14
I'm not an audiophile, I just love to listen to music. And that's why I ordered a Shure SE215. Been listening to it for past couple of hours. I considered it mainly for its design, the brand and that so called 'enhanced bass'. But I'm not happy. I'm using it with my phone, a Galaxy Note 2, with PowerAMP, with Mega Bass Beats. Now the stock Samsung headphone, I just hate, most horrible earpiece I've ever listened, no details, muddy bass and all. The Shure surely is way more clear, way more detailed, but I'm sorry, where is the bass punch? It's not deep either, it's just strong that's all. Now I paid 65 bucks for it, which is 40 bucks less than normal, as I had a cousin work in Shure.
Anyway, now I'm not sure if I should keep the product or not! I have a Sony MH1C too, but unfortunately my friend borrowed it and I'm not gonna get it back until next week, but if I'm not wrong it has much better bass punch that the Shure and the audio was clear too.
So, should I keep it or give it a ta-ta?

Saurav.

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100

If your gonna give it a tataaa... Lemme know, im searching around for one of these at an affordable price.

Cheers!!..

Bhushan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back