Just finished watching 1978's "Star Wars Holiday Special"
Jun 9, 2002 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Nick Dangerous

Mr. Tuberrific
Holy smokes. You think Phantom Menace was bad (and it was)... wait until you see the Star Wars Holiday Special. I bought the remastered edition on VCD, and let me tell you it tears apart the fabric of the galaxy with its godawfulness.

Favorite moments:

Boba Fett whacking his dinosaur complaining "...all they ever do is eat."

Remember the holographic chessboard from the movie? Lumpy (Chewbacca's son) watches a projection of neon-jumpsuited sideshow kooks dancing to a 60's era Moog experimentalist fantasy. It lasts forever and really sucks.

Bea Arthur, the cantina bartender, pouring drinks into Harvey Korman's funnel head while asking him to stop hitting on her.

While in front of the entire family, Itchy (Chewbacca's dad) fires up a virtual sex simulation chair. A seductive earth woman teases and then sings to him while he grunts and groans. This was highly disturbing. I'm still trying to block out the memory of it.

Evil stormtroopers systematically destroying Lumpy's toys.

Harvey Korman again, hosting a cooking show as a large black four-armed transvestite chef with a humongous heart-shaped hairdo. "Whip, stir, whip, whip, stir".

Harrison Ford telling the wookiee family "You're all a very important part of my life" and hugging absolutely everyone.

Jun 9, 2002 at 5:33 AM Post #3 of 13
I thought Lucas pulled that **** and bought-out every existing copy!

I guess it's like a train-wreck, it's awful but you just can't look away...

Where the hell did you find that enormous piece of crap anyway?

Jun 9, 2002 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 13
Why? Do you want to see it?
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 6:10 AM Post #5 of 13
Heh, that was actually made by George Lucas himself? Never heard of it--I thought from the description it was something more like Spaceballs--ever saw that one btw?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 9, 2002 at 1:45 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
Why? Do you want to see it?
wink.gif

Like a train wreck...

Jun 10, 2002 at 6:57 AM Post #9 of 13
Ooh. I need to see that. I actually have the Ewok TV specials on VHS.... and.... *blush* like them.

Jun 10, 2002 at 2:14 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by BenG
The worst Star Wars-oriented media product is the

'Star Wars Christmas Album' - absolute hell

"Whookees like Cookies"

My ex had, on vinyl, a copy of star wars disco. It even featured Will Lee (from the letterman show) on bass. I think it was star wars...

I think this is where Mel Brooks genuis fell short... He should have had Space Balls: The Cristmas Album with the Space Balls: The Inter-Species Erotic Christmas Special. Face it, *Fox* would air such a thing!

Jun 14, 2002 at 5:38 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

"Whookees like Cookies"

Lol thats hilarious. Can I make that my sig? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back