Just bought the RUBBISH Astell & Kern AK120 ii .... PLEASE TELL ME I'M WRONG ! THIS MUST BE A BAD JOKE ??? (Merged)
Feb 12, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #47 of 58
I just heard the whole system is an android based device. I saw someone on another thread complaining about the same thing, saying how on the PIECE OF JUNK ASTELL AND KERN you CANT move files or rename existing folders because IRIVER ARE SCUMBAGS, WHO RELEASE BUGGY PRODUCTS TO THE UNSUSPECTING PUBLIC...... and he was told that the device was android based.

To repeat:

IRIVER ARE SCUMBAGS, WHO RELEASE BUGGY PRODUCTS TO THE UNSUSPECTING PUBLIC

THEY ARE A DISGRACE

I HAVE WRITTEN TO THE COMPANY NUMEROUS TIMES REGARDING THIS ISSUE

6 WEEKS LATER AND NO REPLY

THEY TOOK MY MONEY, AND GAVE ME A POORLY DESIGNED, BUGGY PIECE OF RUBBISH

SHAME ON IRIVER

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #48 of 58
Interesting... I've been wanting an Astell & Kern. Subscribed.

Is it something it could maybe resolved through a future firmware update? Could other owners chime in if they have similar complaints?

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #49 of 58
Can you delete the folder and reload it with a new name? Seems like a simple workaround...

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #51 of 58
I'm glad you had more luck with your Astell and Kern AK120ii than I did Skalkman.

You say "This is a software issue" - well why are DISGUSTING IRIVER releasing software that doesn't work?????? They are a DISGRACE.

Anyway, already updated to the latest firmware... and the problem persists. I plug the AK120ii into a computer - I see the list of folders.... I try to rename one... and the device crashes. I have tried it on 2 other PC's. Same thing. on my friends laptop it worked... so do i have to by a new computer to use this RUBBISH DEVICE????

Still Heart, your method works, but many of these folders are huge... full of music... so I have to copy all the music to the pc.... delete the folder... make another one... then copy all the music back.... RIDICULOUS!!!!

THEY ARE A DISGRACE.

Oh and I have just found another problem with the RUBBISH ASTELL AND KERN AK120ii - sometimes when you try to decrease the volume with the volume knob, the volume goes UP!!!

THIS IS A JOKE

YOU TRY TO TURN THE VOLUME DOWN... SOMETIMES IT GOES DOWN.... SOMETIMES IT GOES UP

YOU TRY TO TURN THE VOLUME UP... SOMETIMES IT GOES UP.... SOMETIMES IT GOES DOWN

confused_face(1).gif

IRIVER = FILTHY COMPANY

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #52 of 58
I think you need to type more in caps and use more punctuation.  We don't know how to read in lowercase.

Unsuspecting public buying thousand dollar DAPs on a whim?  Say it isn't so.

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #53 of 58
Subbed! 

I agree and will never buy a AK Product ever! Im actually selling mine as AK has Zero respect for the consumer, only to show off with all of our money and to never get back to anyone. If they where even half as good as FiiO and Ibasso as for customer relations I would be keeping it as it does sound great.

Good for you for starting this thread!!!!

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #54 of 58
  I'm glad you had more luck with your Astell and Kern AK120ii than I did Skalkman.

You say "This is a software issue" - well why are DISGUSTING IRIVER releasing software that doesn't work?????? They are a DISGRACE.

Anyway, already updated to the latest firmware... and the problem persists. I plug the AK120ii into a computer - I see the list of folders.... I try to rename one... and the device crashes. I have tried it on 2 other PC's. Same thing. on my friends laptop it worked... so do i have to by a new computer to use this RUBBISH DEVICE????

Still Heart, your method works, but many of these folders are huge... full of music... so I have to copy all the music to the pc.... delete the folder... make another one... then copy all the music back.... RIDICULOUS!!!!

THEY ARE A DISGRACE.

Oh and I have just found another problem with the RUBBISH ASTELL AND KERN AK120ii - sometimes when you try to decrease the volume with the volume knob, the volume goes UP!!!

THIS IS A JOKE

YOU TRY TO TURN THE VOLUME DOWN... SOMETIMES IT GOES DOWN.... SOMETIMES IT GOES UP

YOU TRY TO TURN THE VOLUME UP... SOMETIMES IT GOES UP.... SOMETIMES IT GOES DOWN

confused_face(1).gif

IRIVER = FILTHY COMPANY

I am not crazy about iRiver but have you tried contacting them with the problems you are experiencing? 

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #55 of 58
I have the AK Jr. but it has no such issues. I tested in both Mac and Windows (after seeing this thread). Overpriced? Sure, but really cannot replicate your issue. Hope it gets fixed soon. 

EDIT: The fact that I could do that in both Win and Mac - piqued my curiosity. I found that the file system is FAT32. That means, it would go well with Linux systems as well. I would say that's pretty impressive AK. But at the end of the day if they don't care or keep unresponsive to customers, that would be very bad. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #57 of 58

THEY ARE A DISGRACE.

THIS IS A JOKE

confused_face(1).gif

IRIVER = FILTHY COMPANY

Every single company in this DAP business has released a buggy firmware, iriver has had one of the most stable release schedules out there. You got dealt a bad card, deal with it as a grownup bloody human being instead of whining on a forum. Get in touch with the company you bought it from and be sure that they are a authorized dealer.

May 21, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #58 of 58
My 120ll works flawlessly.  It's got Folder view so I can simply search that way (or by Album or Artist).  Never had an issue with tagging.  To change folder names I pull the folder out to my desktop, then delete the one on the card or in the internal memory, rename the folder on my desktop, and replace.  Not a giant deal.  Since a good portion of my music is on a 200gb car, I can pull the card out and work on stuff using a card reader to my Mac.  Takes a few hours to pull the entire Music folder out, which is not all that big a deal.

I've had three or four expensive DAPs and none allowed me to use Composer.  So I did a workaround and placed music in appropriately-named folders.  It doesn't require caps or ranting or calling a company names, just some time to make things work the way I want.  

I really don't understand all of the anger here over four pages.  AK devices work very well, best I've ever used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back