Just bought Ety ER4-Ps, burn in?
post-485131
Post #16 of 20

gpalmer

We are the weird ones.
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by davidmiya
hmm, that's interesting. Perhaps the drivers somehow "settle" back down to where they used to be if you use them for only a few hours at a time.

I think it was just the drivers need to be loosened up. I am a quiet listener so I don't think I was pushing them enough to make it happen.

post-485186
Post #17 of 20

jcorkery

Head-Fier
Reaction score
I've never noticed a change in the sound of my ER4's due to break-in, either. For me, the only thing that made a significant difference is whether or not they were inserted correctly. When I first got them, it was tricky and took quite a bit of trial and error to get them to fit just right. When they were in right, they sounded perfect. If not, they sounded pretty lousy. The longer I had them, the more I came to understand how to consistently insert them properly.

It was me who needed the breaking-in, not the ER4's...

post-486578
Post #18 of 20

randomwalk

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I received mine today. And I'm struggling to remove them from my ears - so I've got a great seal yeah?

post-486972
Post #19 of 20

george

Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by uoods
Of course, I got the cord replaced, so that might have contributed to it.

Yep, that was likely the culprit, just as when you insert new interconnect or speaker cables in your system. I ran my ety's for 72 hours continually playing at normal volumes to burn them in. It definitely made am improvement in the sound, just like any other new component you put in a system.

post-13588141
Post #20 of 20

TrantaLocked

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
My ER4SR's lost warmth and bass response over time (and yes, I've installed new filters). I sort of noticed at one point out of the blue I was missing something, like I knew the sound had changed. Now comparing to a new ER4S, which is noticeably warmer than the used ER4SR. It's mainly the region in the low-mid treble that sounds strangely forward with the SR that I don't remember being so pronounced when I first bought them. Now I'm afraid of using my ER4S, because I don't want it to end up sounding as clinical and unnatural as the ER4SR.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)