Just Bought an E7 - Need Help
Jul 25, 2011 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Randyd718

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. Just bought a my first DAC/amp, the FiiO E7 as stated in title..

However, no matter what USB port on my computer I use, I get some static noise out (no music playing). It will eventually stop. If I start playing music, I can hear the static start up again along with it.

What do you think is going on? What should I do?

Jul 25, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 17
1st find a way to try it with another computer. to test if your computer has a dirty usb power problem. Also it could be windows related problem(windows vista sometimes did this).

If it is indeed your computer time to buy a cheap powered usb hub. The hub with it's own ac adapter to bypass the noisy usb power problem

Jul 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 17
Try a different cable.. Mine used to be the same.
When I had a fault cable the fiio would stop and make little static noise when watching a movie or listening to my music

Jul 26, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 17
ya i have the same issue What. anyone know whats wrong?

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #7 of 17
Jul 28, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #8 of 17
Jul 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #9 of 17
By static do you mean a hissing sound? This is completely normal with headphone amps. It stops when nothing is played since the output is turned off. You must be using some rather sensitive and low-impedance headphones so the hiss is more prominent. Try using an impedance adapter or higher impedance headphones and hear if there is a difference.

Jul 29, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #10 of 17
The AD700s are low impedance (32 ohm I think), but I don't have access to other headphones here. The only other thing is my Z-2300 speakers, which are even lower (10?). I'll just have to return the E7...

Jul 30, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #11 of 17
I'm not sure how experienced you are in audio, so forgive me if I am blunt... are you sure it's not your music? I tried my pair of ad700's with the e7 and there is no static except when using low quality recordings... Are you listening to mp3's or Wav's? If you play music and pause it, static will still arise from the recording even after it is paused. Is there static before you open up your media player?

Aug 2, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
tried with multiple 100% logged flac files from what.cd, and some other v0 mp3s

no static before media player, if i remember correctly. static during playback and when paused

Can you explain the static you're hearing?  Is it a buzzing "bzzzz" noise or a just a soft hissing noise?  If it's a buzz then it might be EMI of some sort, or just a defective unit.  One thing you could try is replacing the USB cable...but chances are that won't help.  Only other thing in that case is you should ask for a replacement.

If it's a hissing noise then that's normal...sensitive earphones will hiss if you plug them into the E7 while it's on.

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
Can you explain the static you're hearing?  Is it a buzzing "bzzzz" noise or a just a soft hissing noise?  If it's a buzz then it might be EMI of some sort, or just a defective unit.  One thing you could try is replacing the USB cable...but chances are that won't help.  Only other thing in that case is you should ask for a replacement.

If it's a hissing noise then that's normal...sensitive earphones will hiss if you plug them into the E7 while it's on.

Hi, I have this issue and it only comes out the left side. I only notice it when I put the volume past 35. It's a hiss sound that fades in and out.

Aug 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #15 of 17
It was more of a hiss I think. If it's normal, then I don't want it. I'm not buying new headphones to keep the E7, so I'm just returning it. Maybe I'll upgrade down the line.. thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back