Just bought a pair of CX 400 II's from amazon, but I think they are fake...
Jan 6, 2011 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ravenous

100+ Head-Fier
So I took the plunge and bought a pair of Precisions off of amazon from a seller by the name of SilverBerries. I received the earphones today and the package didn't seem tampered with and looks genuine, but the there are a couple differences that these have from my other cx 400 II's. I first noticed that the plug is gold plated, while my other genuine cx 400s are not. I also noticed that the earphone cords(the y part) are thinner than my other cx 400s. Also, the grills on these are more "pushed in" but are round, while my genuines are more outwards, but are flat. I also noticed that the case that came with them seems to be a "lighter' color of black, and the bottom corners seem to be cut, instead of rounded like my other case. The sound is more bass heavy then my previous pair. While I've read reviews on how the cx 400 II's are too bassy for some, these make my previous pair sound very balanced. It just sounds like the bass is meant to make up for the lack of the rest of the sound quality. They also have a kind of "muddled" or "muffled" sound to the mids...  Could that just be because I have to break them in? Also, on the top of each earphone, where the ear flanges would be, there is a number five there that wasn't there on my genuine ones.

Jan 8, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #2 of 6
Bump. I'd really appreciate any input anyone would have...I'd really hate to think I've been duped out of $42 for these counterfeits when I paid good money for them...Please and thank you...

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #4 of 6
Jan 9, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 6
I asked about the warranty for them on the 5th and on the 8th I got a reply saying that "a request for support has been created and assigned a ticket", where all I asked was if the earphones came with the 2-year warranty provided by sennheiser, since the earphones were advertised as "brand new" and "factory sealed"... Kind of weird that I am assigned a "support ticket" just for asking a simple question about the warranty on his earphones... Also, he provided a link to check on the status of the support ticket, but the link is broken. Basically, I need a username and ticket number to view the status of a problem, but he didn't provide a username, just a ticket number. He just game me this link:
Code:
 http://silverberries.com/support/view.php?e=[e-mail address removed]&t=1173
And I tried using my email address for my account on amazon, which didn't work so I can't even check the status of this measly question. I had to resort to creating a support ticket for the support ticket lol...

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 6
Turns out they are fakes... The rubber coating on the wire is already starting to fade after having them for only 5 days... I contacted the seller stating so, hopefully I'll get my refund.

You guys should check this site out:

1. http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?SearchText=sennheiser+cx+400+ii&Country=&CatId=0&IndexArea=product_en&fsb=y&viewAllCategory= 

2. http://www.alibaba.com/trade/servlet/page/help/new_to_alibaba/what_is_alibaba

Anyone else thinking this site allows for fake distributors to meet the fake suppliers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back