Just bought a CARY SLI-80 anyone know it well?
Mar 31, 2004 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

indigosax

100+ Head-Fier
Well I finally caved in and went for HI-FI in my listening room.

First purchase : Ah! Njoe Tojeb 4000 cd player ( amperex bugle boy tubes NOS... yummy)

Second: Triangle NAIA 260 Speakers

Third: CARY SLI-80 this integrated makes the triangles SING there is no reason to ever power these speakers with solid state... unless you dont like midrange... or the sound of a american strat on overdrive.... or a saxophone.... It blows me away..... anyway...

Does anyone know their way arond the CARY real well.

It looks like there are some upgrade points that would be fairly easy and not very $$ to get even more out of this powerhouse.

(eg. replace stock caps. with Jensen Caps ?!?)

Also any of u Tubers out there have suggestions on what to Roll with this one?

I listen to alot of rock n jazz.

Oh.. and get this... I have yet to hear the headphone stage. I am eagr to get home and plug in the grado's...... now .. if i can just get that 100 hr break in to go faster ( any suggestions?)

280smile.gif

Thanks... from an Elated head-fi'r with new toys

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't know the Sli-80 well, but I like your system. I have a similar system: Cary SLP 98P, AES SuperAmp, Njoe Tjoeb, Triangle Zerius. I love my Triangle speakers. I can only imagine how good your Stratos series sound.

Congrats on the great system. You killed two birds w/ one stone with the H/P out on the Cary, too. I will be selling my Gilmore V2 soon. I'll MPX3 on the way as soon as I order it! I use a Linn CD source for H/P listening.

Enjoy!

John.

Apr 5, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 5
New power cable, some tube rolling, and the biggest is the JENSEN caps ( if you don't have them already) ... the caps have to be a factory install unless you are good with an iron.

Apr 5, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #5 of 5
I think Nightfall has used one for awhile now. You might want to PM him about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back