Just bought a car
May 21, 2005 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

BigD

1000+ Head-Fier
Feels very funny. Almost cheated. Never thought I buy a car on impulse. But I just left a deposit to secure the car. It's Mini Cooper S with sports performance package. Can't wait till I drive this car.
mini6.jpg

mini4.jpg

May 21, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 42
I'm not sure I'd want a car that small, but I've heard they're a TON of fun to drive. Basically like a bigger, faster, street-legal go kart. I'm sure you'll enjoy it
smily_headphones1.gif

May 21, 2005 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 42
Congratulations...my wife is going to jealous. She has wanted one of those ever since we saw "The Italian Job."

May 22, 2005 at 12:20 AM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmt
Congratulations...my wife is going to jealous. She has wanted one of those ever since we saw "The Italian Job."

Thanks for the head up. Speaking of wife...I went to the dealer with my wife and it was too easy to convince my wife getting the car. Actually she liked it so much that it affected me to just buy the car. Take your girls when shopping mini cooper.
icon10.gif

May 22, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 42
It is a sweet ride you got there. Congratulation. Also, your helping to fight the US's dependence on OPEC. Drive efficient cars. That way OPEC will go down
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 22, 2005 at 3:03 AM Post #9 of 42
Hmmmm.... Is the interior around the instrument panel still so very plasticky, or did they already change that for better? It seemed a bit overdone there for my taste (especially in comparision with the original...), while the outer appearance is quite a nice one. Anyway, congrats - but be aware that BMW maintainance ain't cheap.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

May 22, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini
Hmmmm.... Is the interior around the instrument panel still so very plasticky, or did they already change that for better? It seemed a bit overdone there for my taste (especially in comparision with the original...), while the outer appearance is quite a nice one. Anyway, congrats - but be aware that BMW maintainance ain't cheap.

Yes I thought the interior is little bit too busy myself. That's why I got dark grey interior which lessens the eye attention.

As for the maintainance, the car comes with 3 year/36000mi free service. No headache and pocketache for a while.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naz
Nice, I like the cooper design. Not a really big fan of that color though. Somehow I get the feeling that was your wifes decision

The electric blue is much nicer in person. It wasn't my primary choice which was dark blue, but the inventory was very thin and I didn't want to wait 6-8 weeks for delievery. Yes my wife liked the color. It's bit bling bling, but never dull. Btw, the color is metallic and deeper than the internet photo suggests.

May 22, 2005 at 4:53 AM Post #13 of 42
nice car. now NYC parking will be a little bit easier for you with a small car

May 22, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
nice car. now NYC parking will be a little bit easier for you with a small car

Seriously, you'll be able to get all those spots left open because no one can fit in them. You don't know how often I wish I had a tiny car so I could find a parking spot here in DC.

May 22, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
Yes I thought the interior is little bit too busy myself. That's why I got dark grey interior which lessens the eye attention.

As for the maintainance, the car comes with 3 year/36000mi free service. No headache and pocketache for a while.

Sounds good to me - especially if the free service actually includes yearly inspections as well. Those kinds of service deals are rarely offered over here - but it generally seems that one gets better service deals and prices on cars in the US...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back