Just because I can...recabled RPHJE-50
Mar 1, 2006 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Conduit

100+ Head-Fier
Lazy saturday afternoon project left me with these:

Well-used panasonic RP HJE-50's recabled with some extra Canare Starquad and a P.O.S Radioshack 1/8" jack. As you can see, it's darn near impossible to get the wires through the tiny holes in the bottom so I had to get creative and pop off the little silver covers on the back of the buds. I originally had a Switchcraft mini-jack on it and it sounded pretty good compared to what I remember since the last time I heard them, which was about a year ago. I also stuffed the buds with some foam and the combination of the recable and the mod seemed to tame some of the shrieking highs that I remember so darn fondly.

Just thought I'd share.
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Mike

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
AAAAHHHH, my CM7s are going to be molested!!!
tongue.gif

i wouldn't worry too much about the CM7's. the panny's had seen much better days and this was more or less just a practice attempt at recabling as i had never tried it before. it was more for figuring out which wires went where as opposed to making it look presentable. i haven't used these since except for the initial testing for impressions on the sound.

btw, anyone with suggestions for a good mini-jack to throw on the end of the CM7's with the faulty plug? i have some switchcraft ones but they almost seem too big to use on the end.

ciao,
mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back