JUST AUDIO - uHA-120 headphone amp
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #196 of 210
I guess we all hear different aspects of the same amp's performance, and I had no idea to what extent that is being determined by our individual sources. phones and musical preferences. I'm in the early stages of burning in (ears or amp, something is burning in ..) a new amp that I wont name, and I'm convinced that it is better with electronica than with the bulk of my music (rock), but I know from past experience that such early impressions are subject to change. I didnt think a whole lot of iBasso's P4 when I first cranked it up, but by the 100-hour mark it was a different story - fortunately, I've spent long enough with the uHA-120 to just turn it on and forget all about the gear.

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #197 of 210
I think our respective points of reference might be different but I don't consider the uHA-120 the most resolving, transparent and accurate portable amp out there.  My Leckerton is on another level by comparison.  I do consider the uHA-120 a warmer, more fun sounding amp with pretty good technical performance.  It is enjoyable. 

This is exactly how I heard the uha-120.

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #198 of 210

Quote:
This is exactly how I heard the uha-120.

And its gonna save my pocket money :wink:. Guess Leckerton will have a repeat customer. I eventually will pick up the UHA6S with a handful of OP AMps to roll. Wondering though what are the best ones. I want the best of all worlds from the most neutral to sultry mid centric.

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #205 of 210
The AHA, no doubt about that. I have sold both a while ago but my fav for on the go was the µha, never got to enjoy the aha as much as the µha

Dec 12, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #208 of 210
Just to add a little info on this fine amp: The uha120 pairs well with the k701(bassport modded), powerful and smooth, everything is just right.
It's the second time I own it and the right words are indeed "enjoyable" and "just turn it on and forget all about the gear", it's as simple as that with this amp, and that is very easy to recommend :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back