July Sumo Basho is here!!
Jul 11, 2005 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

daycart1

Ceremonial old guy, bifocals and all.All the philosophy he can muster can't solve the mysterious double-post.
Two days in already; time flies! Asashoryu looks strong as usual, Kaio has already dropped a bout. You can follow along here (for example)-- they even have streaming video.

http://sumo.goo.ne.jp/eng/hon_basho/.../tori_1_1.html

biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2005 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 7
Am I the only one who doesn't see a special Basho Head-Fi logo?
icon10.gif

I have never watched any sumo, but I would like to. Is it on any US networks?

G

Jul 12, 2005 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 7
oh, yes it is.
biggrin.gif
and I'm in Japan so I can watch it live on TV too.
biggrin.gif

well, I guess going to Nagoya and watching it live is even better but I guess that isn't happening. I'm not that interested in it.
tongue.gif

Jul 24, 2005 at 8:25 AM Post #4 of 7
Well, this one turned out to be very exciting. After a fast start, Asashoryu actually dropped a couple of matches!! Kaio dropped to four losses and was out of it pretty early.
Meanwhile, Kotooshu, the Bulgarian, came into the last day tied with Asashoryu with only two losses. But he lost his bout with Wakanosato while Asa won his with Tochiazuma.
So Asa wins again, but the September basho should be very interesting indeed!
k1000smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
cool.gif

Jul 24, 2005 at 9:00 AM Post #5 of 7
I missed the last day?
frown.gif

time to watch replays on the news I guess.

Jul 25, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 7
The Sushi Chefs at a restaurant I went to today were all discussing the Sumo Basho. I told them about this thread and they seemed very impressed. One of them then gave me some green tea in a mug that had all the caricatures of many popular sumo wrestlers - this was very cool! The mug that is, not the Green Tea
icon10.gif

Sep 10, 2005 at 10:23 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
Well, this one turned out to be very exciting. After a fast start, Asashoryu actually dropped a couple of matches!! Kaio dropped to four losses and was out of it pretty early.
Meanwhile, Kotooshu, the Bulgarian, came into the last day tied with Asashoryu with only two losses. But he lost his bout with Wakanosato while Asa won his with Tochiazuma.
So Asa wins again, but the September basho should be very interesting indeed!
k1000smile.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
cool.gif

Thanks for the updates daycart. I recognize most of the names there.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back