JRiver Media Center 21 -- Ready To Go
Jun 19, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #121 of 168
Right this moment JRiver Media Center is at version 21.0.86 for windows and 21.0.83 for Mac. That will change over the next days and weeks as new incremental releases come out. In the next 4 to 12 weeks, JRiver will probably release the first few builds of MC22. No one knows when, or exactly what will be in it, but that's the expected time frame.

Any license you buy now (as of about 6 to 8 weeks ago) will work on JRiver Media Center version 21 *and* version 22.

Brian.

Fingers crossed then I suppose. Somehow I think I might be out of the time frame but not sure.

Jun 22, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #122 of 168
I also have dithering off. But someone said TPDF dithering is better? is it recommended? I have a multibit dac and the idea of using noise to shape the sound just doesn't sit well with me, that reminds of me of delta sigma dacs.

You should always have TPDF dither enabled.  JRMC's TPDF implementation does not use noise shaping.
Anything else will introduce distortion during playback if any DSP is applied. That includes things like volume control.
The only reason to disable it is if you're using a VST plug-in like iZotope Ozone (noise-shaped TPDF) to dither the audio instead of having JRMC do it.

Jun 22, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #123 of 168
Is there an iPhone standalone version of Media Center?
I know there is an IOS remote, but that requires Media Center on a computer.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #124 of 168
Is there an iPhone standalone version of Media Center?
I know there is an IOS remote, but that requires Media Center on a computer.

No there isn't. JRiver has discussed it's ongoing development of a stand alone Android player, but no real progress has been announced. When I asked about it recently, they said they had nothing to report.

Maybe at some point we'll see an Android player; but I don't expect it any time soon. I don't think they have any interest at all in producing iOS apps based on what I've read. Just my opinion.

Brian.

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #125 of 168
I foud a post in The Official C hord Mojo Thread about JRiver.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/21120#post_12783825

post #21124 of 21124 on 1409

Supposedly a post explaining how to obtain optimum performance from JRiver and Mojo.

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #126 of 168
The advice in the Word document (which is a terrible way to write up these kinds of things BTW), seems mostly fine.

But it's kinda funny that he makes a point of making sure volume is disabled, so it can't affect the signal. But then he tells you to use the parametric EQ to tame the highs in his headphones. Which alters the signal.

Brian.

Aug 12, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #127 of 168
Yeah I mean setting bit-perfect takes out volume control for me anyway with my Chord Mojo. I control voulme on the Mojo, or amp (in my active speakers). There's no reason not to EQ if you want to though.

I see the point of removing Windows from the equation though because it messes up audio quite a bit.

Aug 13, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #128 of 168
 Downloaded version 22 for my Mac today. 
First of all thanks for the option of a trial run before I decide to buy.
Im a newbie to the HD audio so trying to feel my way through.. So over the past few days I have downloaded a few other players to test run. 
Here is what I am trying to do. I have literally over 1000 CD's. My goal is to rip them all at the highest quality I can then retire them to collect dust in a safe storage environment (read here: A shelf in the Basement).
What I want to do is rip them all and store them on an external drive, not on my main HD. Is this possible with your media center? 
I ripped a CD for a test run and can not find a way to save the new DSD files on my external HD. How do I move them to the external and then save the full DSD file in that same folder for all future rips?

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #129 of 168
I am still using version 21. I can not see a setting where I can see if there is a free upgrade, given I bought it close to 22 release. It doesn't matter though. It does feel kind of harsh though, been spammed for a lot more money only weeks after buying.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #130 of 168
  I am still using version 21. I can not see a setting where I can see if there is a free upgrade, given I bought it close to 22 release. It doesn't matter though. It does feel kind of harsh though, been spammed for a lot more money only weeks after buying.

download v22 and enter in the license key that you were provided.  if it works, you bought within the window where v22 was included.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #131 of 168
   Downloaded version 22 for my Mac today. 
First of all thanks for the option of a trial run before I decide to buy.
Im a newbie to the HD audio so trying to feel my way through.. So over the past few days I have downloaded a few other players to test run. 
Here is what I am trying to do. I have literally over 1000 CD's. My goal is to rip them all at the highest quality I can then retire them to collect dust in a safe storage environment (read here: A shelf in the Basement).
What I want to do is rip them all and store them on an external drive, not on my main HD. Is this possible with your media center? 
I ripped a CD for a test run and can not find a way to save the new DSD files on my external HD. How do I move them to the external and then save the full DSD file in that same folder for all future rips?

the location for ripped files is set under tools > options > file locations > audio (cd rips and podcasts).  click on the arrow to expand the tree, then click on the three dots to select a drive, folder, etc.  under cover art, make sure you check the box "also store image in file's tag".

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #133 of 168
Hello everyone.
I'm a fairly new JRiver user and recently upgraded to version 22.
My music files I play range from DSD to a few 320k mp3s.
My question(S) what are the "best" all around settings to play such a wide array of files? Any hints on how I can maximize my sound quality? I'm using a win10 fanless PC with SSD, have a SS amp and tube amp.
I realize this is a broad question but would love to get some feedback from some other users about some settings and tweaks. Thx in advance.

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #134 of 168
Hello everyone.
I'm a fairly new JRiver user and recently upgraded to version 22.
My music files I play range from DSD to a few 320k mp3s.
My question(S) what are the "best" all around settings to play such a wide array of files? Any hints on how I can maximize my sound quality? I'm using a win10 fanless PC with SSD, have a SS amp and tube amp.
I realize this is a broad question but would love to get some feedback from some other users about some settings and tweaks. Thx in advance.

Are you using your PCs onboard DAC? That would be a good, low hanging fruit place to start improving the sound quality over all. A lot of the settings specific stuff depends on what DAC you have JRiver setup to use. E.g.; if your DAC supports DSD, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back