Jotunheim or asgard 3?
May 28, 2020 at 1:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

PrincessLeliana

500+ Head-Fier
Amp only, no dacs or anything. Which would you get and why?
I have heard people say that the jotun is coloured a bit, with poor low end, which is bad, but it has more features and upgradability, the asgard 3 has less, but has been getting great reviews. Thoughts?

May 28, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 41
I currently have the Asgard 3 and I really like it, but it does have some sonic traits that can get a little fatiguing over time.

I'll be getting a new Jot in the next week or two and l'll let you know how they compare to eachother and to the THX AAA 789.

But I won't have any solid info for you for at least another 2-3 weeks, so I don't know if you want to wait that long before you make a purchase.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 41
I currently have the Asgard 3 and I really like it, but it does have some sonic traits that can get a little fatiguing over time.

I'll be getting a new Jot in the next week or two and l'll let you know how they compare to eachother and to the THX AAA 789.
Oh please do, very interested iin the 789 too

May 28, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 41
I'll be getting the 789 first, so I'll let you know how the A3 compares to it first.

May 28, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 41
Hmm I've never heard the Jot referred to as colored with poor low end. I've always heard it referred to as very neutral and sparkly with great detail through the FR

May 28, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 41
Fair fair fair. Is very expensive tho. Just wondering if i wanna go that route for more upgradability + balanced over the asgard

May 28, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 41
Hmm I've never heard the Jot referred to as colored with poor low end. I've always heard it referred to as very neutral and sparkly with great detail through the FR
I've heard the Jot, but not Asgard. Jot doesn't lack low-end, and treble didn't get annoying to too much, but sounded a bit blended in separation for my liking. I disliked THX789. Clinical.

At this price level, we can't expect miracles in imaging as imaging will generally be more or less flat.

May 28, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #9 of 41
I've heard the Jot, but not Asgard. Jot doesn't lack low-end, and treble didn't get annoying to too much, but sounded a bit blended in separation for my liking. I disliked THX789. Clinical.

At this price level, we can't expect miracles in imaging as imaging will generally be more or less flat.
Making choices is so hard. You get a group of people that praise all this stuff like its godly, then others who dont. I cant make my mind up :c

May 28, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #11 of 41
And I've seen overprice dung amps be hyped as well with hidden gems people abandoned over time. Best way to know is try, but sorry if that's not possible.
The only place I know of in the UK to test things is richer sounds, and they tend to only have ultra mainstream dung.

May 28, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #12 of 41
The only place I know of in the UK to test things is richer sounds, and they tend to only have ultra mainstream dung.
Haha. Trust no one, especially reviewers.

41mLKW5jHiL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

May 28, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #14 of 41
Do you need to run a balanced system? I have the Jot and the Asgard 2. They're both good but only the Jot has balanced outs. No point in comparison since the Asgard 3 is very different from the 2.

May 28, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #15 of 41
Whats the diff between asgard 3 and 2?

I dont run balanced yet but I would like to in the future, and id prefer not having to upgrade my amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back