Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 21, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #32 of 686
  Thanks guys. Nice colorful design @tkteo :wink:

The NT6pro has got me thinking that maybe I'm more of a treblehead than I realised. Based on the 6R impressions, kind of hoping this one is also a bit brighter than neutral. But resolution is always the number 1 priority!

Going by memory, NT6Pro is likely a bit brighter and thinner than the Samba with more treble presence. Samba is energetic but its treble doesn't jump out like it does with the NT6Pro as it has good note weight thickness with full sounding bass and lower mids regions. As far as I remember this is not a characteristic of the NT6Pro. 

Of course this is only from memory and my opinion could differ if I were to go down and listen to the NT6Pro now. 

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #33 of 686
  Thanks guys. Nice colorful design @tkteo :wink:

The NT6pro has got me thinking that maybe I'm more of a treblehead than I realised. Based on the 6R impressions, kind of hoping this one is also a bit brighter than neutral. But resolution is always the number 1 priority!

Samba is quite neutral in that the bass midrange and treble are not boosted at expense of each other.

The tuning is sharper and comes across as more resolving.

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #34 of 686
Samba has little feeling like a Katana sound signature to me

I have not heard the Katana but for Samba to be similar to Katana, sounds good!

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #36 of 686
Note for must go with effectaudio hybrid cable as a bundle with samba.
Otherwise do less bass for samba

Actually, I have paired it with both a Ares 2 and a bespoke Eros 2 8-wire...

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #39 of 686
Just want to share my jomo 6r that im using for a few months now.
0bc3ae6ffa1d59e7f57ba9be11497465.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #40 of 686
  Eros 2 is the hybrid one? How do you like this pairing?

Yes Eros 2 is the copper silver litz hybrid. My bespoke 8 wire is terminated such as each pin has one silver one copper wire. If you examine the 4-wire Eros, it is not clear which pin takes silver and which one takes copper.

I think the clarity is boosted a little but the bass energy is affected. I am gonna try a Ares 2+ next.

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #41 of 686
Yes Eros 2 is the copper silver litz hybrid. My bespoke 8 wire is terminated such as each pin has one silver one copper wire. If you examine the 4-wire Eros, it is not clear which pin takes silver and which one takes copper.

I think the clarity is boosted a little but the bass energy is affected. I am gonna try a Ares 2+ next.

Aers 2+ has little warmed

Sep 25, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #42 of 686
too much talk about the 6R and upper models.
so here's a take on the Jomo4
http://www.head-fi.org/t/821227/review-jomo-audio-4-custom-universal-fun

Sep 26, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #43 of 686
I pulled the trigger and bought the Jomo X Effect Audio Genesis from Music Sanctuary. I just needed to try them since there are really no impressions out there due to there only being 15 of them. I've heard good things about Jomo and I love Effect Audio cables, so I figured it was worth the investment. I'll post some impressions of how they are and how they compare to other IEMs in that high end price range later this week.

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #44 of 686
  I pulled the trigger and bought the Jomo X Effect Audio Genesis from Music Sanctuary. I just needed to try them since there are really no impressions out there due to there only being 15 of them. I've heard good things about Jomo and I love Effect Audio cables, so I figured it was worth the investment. I'll post some impressions of how they are and how they compare to other IEMs in that high end price range later this week.

wow cool stuff - nice one
cool.gif

Sep 26, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #45 of 686
  too much talk about the 6R and upper models.
so here's a take on the Jomo4
http://www.head-fi.org/t/821227/review-jomo-audio-4-custom-universal-fun

the 4 is good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back