JOKES: You may be an audiophile if...

First
 
Back
1 2 3 4
Page 5 of 10
6 7 8 9 10
Next
 
Last
  1. LFF
    When do you know your an audiophile?

    When you know that Ray Samuels in not a beer brand,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you hear 325i and think Grado instead of BMW,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you hear Hoffman and then think Steve instead of Matt or Dustin or Philip,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you drive a cheap car in order to buy thousand dollar turntables and other equipment,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you know the meaning of the initials E.A.C. and/or TAS,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you hear Bose and think (or cringe) no highs and no lows...,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you wait until the early morning to listen to music because you know the electricity is cleaner,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you own more than 3 versions of the same album because they all sound good and/or contain different masterings and/or different mixes,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When your earphones cost more than your iPOD,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you buy vinyl over CD because the mastering is better on the vinyl,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When the following sites are on your favorites or homepage:
    www.SteveHoffman.tv
    Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment | Acoustic Sounds
    Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio
    you know your an audiophile.

    When you post/buy from any of the above sites,
    you know your an audiophile.

    When you know a shaded dog is better, or a Capitol Gray Label Mono is better, or check matrix numbers,
    your know your an audiophile.
     
  2. Sorry About Your Wallet
    You may be an audiophile if..
    - You constantly buy new music just to see how awesome it'll sound with your setup.
    - Your main cash drain is on audio gear.
    - You eat off the dollar menu to minimize spending so you can get that dac/amp/headphone you've always wanted.
    - You feel the need to maximize the performance of your gear regardless of whether you hear a difference or not.
     
  3. manaox2
    You may be an audiophile...
    when someone mentions the name of a country and you mind drifts to listing off the audio gear manufactured there.

    You may be an audiophile...
    when your vacations are centered around which meets or shows you wish to attend.

    You may be an audiophile...
    When you recognize brand, type, and model of capacitors used in a piece of electronics and believe you have an impression of their effect on the sound.

    You may be an audiophile...
    If you have ever spent four digits plus had your ears filled with cold silicone to have something good to listen with while on the plane.

    You may be an audiophile...
    when your wearing less then $100 in clothing and listening to a four figure system in public all the while attempting to avoid traffic as you cross the road.

    You may be an audiophile...
    If the post man knows you by your name and still often refers to you as the person who gets all of these heavy packages.
     
  4. Justin Uthadude
    you keep losing your coat, so you buy a flac jacket 'cause you know it's lossless

    your excuse for not going to the gym is because you don't like recessed mids

    you build a source component out of ancient parts you have lying around and call it the ptero-dac-tyl
     
  5. Emooze
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Justin Uthadude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    you keep losing your coat, so you buy a flac jacket 'cause you know it's lossless



    That just made my morning
     
  6. wantmyf1
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Justin Uthadude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    you keep losing your coat, so you buy a flac jacket 'cause you know it's lossless

    your excuse for not going to the gym is because you don't like recessed mids

    you build a source component out of ancient parts you have lying around and call it the ptero-dac-tyl




    Too funny! Liking this thread.

    You know you're an audiophile if:

    Your headphones cost more than your first car...And your second, and your third...Combined!
     
  7. moogoob
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    When you own more than 3 versions of the same album because they all sound good and/or contain different masterings and/or different mixes,
    you know your an audiophile.




    Damn. While 3 copies of a single album is my current limit, the sheer number of albums I have multiple copies of... [​IMG]

    Let's see... 3 copies of Opeth's Watershed (vinyl, CD, special edition), two copies each Morningrise (CD and Vinyl) and Ghost Reveries (CD and DVD 5.1), Holst's The Planets (3 different performances)... Two copies each of Pink Floyd's WYWH (CD and Vinyl), Meddle (CD and Vinyl) and DSOTM (same).

    And more... that's just what comes to mind immediately.
     
  8. baka1969 Contributor
    You might be an audiophile if:

    -You can detect changes in frequency response better than your dog

    -Spending hundreds of dollars in tweaks is cheaper than buying an equipment upgrade

    -You wont add pictures of your children to your listening room because it will throw off the acoustics you spent 6 months setting up

    -You make your significant other whisper the measurements of your favorite equipment in your ear during sex

    -You can justify spending thousands of dollars more for a new piece of equipment for a very subtle improvement in s/n ratio.

    -When you go to a meet you speak a new language that only everyone there understands

    -You stopped listening to certain groups/artists because their production values are so poor

    -You have new equipment shipped to your work address or buddy's house to hide it from your spouse

    -When your spouse asks 'When did you get that?' You say 'You mean this old thing?'

    -Your spouse finds your newest purchase and you swear your just testing our your friend's equipment

    -When you stop talking to your best friend for a month over an argument over tubes vs solid state!
     
  9. baka1969 Contributor
    You might be an audiophile if:

    -You won't turn on the heater during the dead of winter because your audio equipment costs too much to operate so you gather around your tubes to keep warm

    -The DEA invades your house because the electric company thinks your growing pot in your basement because you're using so much electricity. The only thing they find is your tube setup!

    -You get excited when you know all the new audio catalogs and magazines are coming in the mail!

    -Your best friends are the postal delivery person, the UPS person, the FedEx person but not the DHL person

    -You'd rather read reviews on Head-Fi than what the major 'audiophile' magazines say because you trust Head-Fi more

    -When you know what 225, 325, 701, 650 1001 mean without further explanation

    -And to paraphrase a fellow Head-Fier 'when your headphones don't work you're relieved it's only your [broken] laptop'!
     
  10. MrGreen
    Banana hangers were insufficient so you bought a banana hangar

    [​IMG]

    MrGreen out.
     
  11. Joe Presto
    You may be an audiophile if... you have ever suffered from can-tan (tanned head except for the ears, or a line in your tan caused by your HP cable) and not cared!

    And yes, I speak from personal experience [​IMG]
     
  12. gurubhai
    ...When you judge people by the audio rigs they have.
     
  13. VicAjax Contributor
    you know you're an audiophile
    when you're too busy rolling tubes to proofread...
    [​IMG]

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    When do you know your an audiophile?

    When you know that Ray Samuels in not a beer brand,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you hear 325i and think Grado instead of BMW,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you hear Hoffman and then think Steve instead of Matt or Dustin or Philip,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you drive a cheap car in order to buy thousand dollar turntables and other equipment,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you know the meaning of the initials E.A.C. and/or TAS,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you hear Bose and think (or cringe) no highs and no lows...,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you wait until the early morning to listen to music because you know the electricity is cleaner,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you own more than 3 versions of the same album because they all sound good and/or contain different masterings and/or different mixes,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When your earphones cost more than your iPOD,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When you buy vinyl over CD because the mastering is better on the vinyl,
    you know your an audiophile.
    When the following sites are on your favorites or homepage:
    www.SteveHoffman.tv
    Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment | Acoustic Sounds
    Head-Fi.org: Headphones, iPod earphones, portable audio, MP3 players, high-end audio
    you know your an audiophile.

    When you post/buy from any of the above sites,
    you know your an audiophile.

    When you know a shaded dog is better, or a Capitol Gray Label Mono is better, or check matrix numbers,
    your know your an audiophile.




     
  14. LFF
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    you know you're an audiophile
    when you're too busy rolling tubes to proofread...
    [​IMG]




    LOL! Guilty as charged! I just wasn't rolling tubes - I was remastering stuff! [​IMG]


    Despite having TA'd an college English course, it's still one of my most common errors. [​IMG]
     
  15. VicAjax Contributor
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    LOL! Guilty as charged! I just wasn't rolling tubes - I was remastering stuff! [​IMG]


    Despite having TA'd an college English course, it's still one of my most common errors. [​IMG]




    TA'd a college English course. [​IMG] [​IMG]
     
First
 
Back
1 2 3 4
Page 5 of 10
6 7 8 9 10
Next
 
Last

Share This Page