Johnblue Audio JB3 Speakers at ALO
Oct 31, 2008 at 6:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15
We are happy to these beautiful JB3 speakers by JohnBlue in stock (shown with optional ALO speaker cables). 6moons, read the review here

JB3.jpg
JB3a.jpg
[/CENTER]

Specifications
Efficiency 87dB w/m
Impedance 6 Ohms
Max Power 30 watts
Driver 3-inch full-range
Cabinet MDF
Weight 10.4 lbs - 4.7 Kg/pair
Dimension 208 x 129 x 188 mm (H x W x D)

Features

* Single full-range driver means no crossover!
* Bass reflex design
* 1mm thick Piano Black Gloss finish
* Pure solid-core copper wiring
* Anti-fungus treated cone
* Resin-cast wave guide
* Proprietary Speaker Binding Posts CNC machined by JohnBlue using pure red copper plated over gold-plated brass

We will carry a limited number of these in Black and White. $350 plus SH As always I test every single product before I commit to carrying the item, if its does not impress I simply will not carry it. These are wonderful small speakers, they look as cool as they sound, for $350 they are a steal.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 3, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by garthfluff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't suppose there is any chance you'll be shipping these to the UK? Any comparisons with the Audioengines?

Sure not a problem but I think the SH might be kind of steep. Email me your ship to address and I can check on that. I bought special size boxs to fit the JB3 box to be safe.

Thx
Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sure look gorgeous! Have you tried driving them w/ one of your T-Amps? Thanks.

Hey Mararroyo,

Its kind of odd having such sound emanating from a wee box! They are such a good bargain for the price/what you get. I really thought that would not sound that great with the TRENDS amp but was again surprised vs the Dared MP5 amp both sounded great but I think I liked the Trends better. I think they do better with a SS amp than a tube? but I would have to listen again or try them with the Stingray just to see what happens there. I read in the 6moons review that the burn in adds to the low end so I think if I get them to loosen up a but there going to get even better. I am going to keep a pair for myself for sure, pretty happy with the new product.

Ken

Nov 3, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by raffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like your new name Ken - "JOE THE CABLE MAKER". Very nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Raffy - Im going with it.

regular_smile .gif

Ken

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd051 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ken, any comparisons between the JBL3s and AudioEngines?

I have not compared them with the A5s but I did vs The A2s, no match for the JB3s, which were superior. You have to remember that the A5s and the A2s are self powered with a internal amp. So you have a big advantage if you have a good amp using the JB3s. Here is a photo of the A2, the JB3 and some speakers that Jim and I are working on, the projects never end here at the ALO funhouse.
L3000.gif

speaker test.jpg

Ken

Nov 12, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #12 of 15
Ken, that is a very good picture. It helps many to put the JB3's size into context, specially those who own or have heard/seen the A2.

Note to self, do not look a the JB3's anymore or you will end up buying them. They are just gorgeous.

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #13 of 15
I bought JB3 from Ken and just arrived. Thank you.
I hooked it up with Nuforce Icon, the sound from this tiny speakers are just stunning. The holographic 3D sounding is remarkable.
I have Audioengine A2 too. A2 is very good for the price, but the A2 sound is a bit monitor like. In contrast, JB3 is richer and fuller. Very nice small speakers.

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #14 of 15
I've been looking at these speakers for a while now and are dying to check them out. Theire brother JB4 also looks interresting even though they are slight bigger. :) Looking forward to follow this traid!

Aug 6, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #15 of 15
I just got my JB3s this morning. There is a little less bass compared to my A5s but the bass quality is much better. Perhaps the quantity will improve a bit with break in. Overall clarity and soundstage are a vast improvement over the Audioengines. Ken was right, the A2/A5 are no match for the JB3s.

My JB3s are powered off an old Yamaha M4. Preamp is my Headroom amp/dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back