Joe Lau - Twinhead Question
Jul 26, 2002 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

evilcthul

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Joseph,

When is the ETA on the Twinhead? Has it been officially released?
Tash at Divertech said at one stage that it was in the final stages of testing/tweaking but I was wondering if it were ever completed.

I was also wondering what its power output was. Is it 1WPC? Also, could it come with speaker binding posts for experimentation with full range driver speakers?

Jul 27, 2002 at 8:32 AM Post #3 of 8
We are just finished it today. The driver section need very clean power to supply it.

Power section :

Power stage -

1. a sloid state electronics filter.
2. a tube regulated power supply.

Driver stage -

Take power from power stage but additional 2 Filter stage -

1. RC filter stage.
2. Additional a solid state Filter stage.

It seem to be solve problem on hum but keep driver stage in enought Plate Voltage to keep enought swing and plate current.

What improved :

1. Lower Hum to unlistenable.
2. More output power.

No ! It is not design for speakers. It is optimized for Headphone amps and Pre-amps. 2A3 plate current is less than 25ma. It will longest the tube life.

Jul 27, 2002 at 8:59 AM Post #4 of 8
Joseph,

Could you elaborate on the solid state filter? Is it an IEC filter or something different?

Also, have you revised the DC filament design or only the 2A3s have DC filaments and the rest have AC?

Regards,
EC

Jul 27, 2002 at 1:12 PM Post #5 of 8
Joseph,

Which headphone did you "voice" this amp with? Does it do better with high or low ohm phones? How about efficiency?

I guess what I'm asking is which phones do you recommend for use with your new amplifier?

Thanks

Jul 27, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #7 of 8
Pig,

The design methodology was such that Joe liked the sound of the 2A3 and decided to use it at a low plate voltage of 25mA for ultra long tube life. So you get the best of both worlds, an awesome sounding pre coupled with one of the nicest triodes... 2A3s...

Jul 29, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by evilcthul
Joseph,

Could you elaborate on the solid state filter? Is it an IEC filter or something different?

Also, have you revised the DC filament design or only the 2A3s have DC filaments and the rest have AC?

Regards,
EC

Yes ! Only 2A3 have DC Filament. All other tube keep AC Filament to avoide down grade in sound.

No ! It is not a IEC filter but a Transistors , Resistors and Capacitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back