Jlab Jbuds J2 Impressions.
Dec 18, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #136 of 214
I am probably in the same situation that tonov12 is. I ordered my jbuds on Dec 10th. Just got an automated reply. There was another user on these forums who had ordered on the 10th and got his BOGO pair 3 days ago.

The answer to this question might be buried in the forum threads somewhere... but does anyone know which carrier JLabs use to ship the free buds?

Hopefully, I can get my free pair by the end of the week atleast...

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #137 of 214
is the promo still ongoing .... "buy 1 get 1" ??

TIA

Dec 18, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #138 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am probably in the same situation that tonov12 is. I ordered my jbuds on Dec 10th. Just got an automated reply. There was another user on these forums who had ordered on the 10th and got his BOGO pair 3 days ago.

The answer to this question might be buried in the forum threads somewhere... but does anyone know which carrier JLabs use to ship the free buds?

Hopefully, I can get my free pair by the end of the week atleast...

Yeah, I ordered with Amazon on the 10th and my free pair came Monday. They use UPS I believe and they're based in Arizona, for what it's worth.

Dec 18, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #139 of 214
That makes me wonder if the delays are due to certain colors being in stock as to others.

I asked for the onyx ones as the free buds and I hear these are in pretty high-demand.

Who know!!!

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #140 of 214
they use USPS to ship the freebies... mine came in a plain manilla envelope with 4 42cent stamps on it and it came from Tuscon AZ

also what was said above about color availability possibly causing delays... i requested the black/chrome silver i'm sure the onyx black an the white/grey are in high demand

Dec 18, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #143 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they use USPS to ship the freebies... mine came in a plain manilla envelope with 4 42cent stamps on it and it came from Tuscon AZ

My stamps were not postmarked so I got the earphones and $1.34 worth of stamps! What a deal, lol
wink_face.gif
!

Anyway, I got my FiiO E5 a couple days ago. With my SmartQ T-5II and the FiiO the J2 do really nice. I use SF 5 silicone tips and set my T5II to classic EQ plus Bass 0, Treble 4, and 3D 3 on the extended sound effects. The J2 respond nicely. Great depth to the soundstage, the nice detail, and they are well extended and well balanced. I use the E5 in flat mode; outside they lose a bit of bass of course so I might add a notch of bass to the sound effects. Definitely $150 sounding with some high end aspects such as the depth and the quality of the mids. I like the sound of them as much as I did the UM2.

Surprised that more of the opinions have been positive seeing how sensitive these phones can be to files, sources, and tips. With the more neutral sound sig, the thin tips and how much burn-in they seem to need I figured there would be at least a few "these are crap" impressions.

Dec 19, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #144 of 214
Right now I'm listening to Styx "Blue Collar Man" after making my own foamies with Mack's Original SafeSound Soft Foam Earplugs I got today at CVS and all I can say is WOW!!! Awesome sound from budget phones. With a good seal these things really shine. Of course I'm using the equalizer and the other neat Jet Effect settings of the D2, but with what I'm hearing it makes me want to have a tighter grip on my $400 I was thinking about spending on the W3. Honestly I like what I'm hearing. If I never hear the W3 I would still have a smile on my face with these Jbuds.
icon10.gif

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #145 of 214
I just got my J2s in the mail today in a brown envelope. The box is kinda squashed which is disappointing since the ones that came from amazon came in a box. I am wondering if I should use my J2s as gift and return the other thing I was getting as a gift and get the NE8. So I am basing my decision on the bass. Which has more? The NE8 or the J2?

Dec 20, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #146 of 214
A short update.

Now I have my J2 played continuously on ipod 40G for 70 hours. Finally understand why you guys recomemded at least 50 hours burn-in time, because as I listened it last night, it was still bad. But given an extra 20 hours, it finally opens up. I have never had any earphones differ so much before and after burn-in. And I was a believer that "bad earphones sounds bad at the beginning" burn-in process shouldn't make such big difference. Well, I am proven wrong this time.

But here is a catch: the thin flanges come with the earphone are really bad-sounding. This should be the easiest improvement the manufacturer could have done, and it won't cost you a lot. First I changed the stock flanges to ones came with Sennheiser CX300. What a difference it made! Then I changed to another thick clear-type flange, even better.

Now comes to SQ. For the short use, I can only provide my first impression after burn-in. My references would be head-direct RE2 and Yuin PK2 on Rockboxed Sansa E270 playing Flac. I did not change any EQ.

In comparison, J2 sounds not as transparent, but still very detailed. Sound signature is a bit on the warm side. Sound stage is OK. Highs are not as extended, lows lack the punch compared to bass-heavy Senn CX300. Sure these are common in IEMs in this price range ($25 for 2). It is the mids that J2 really shines. Very musical, good for vocals, jazz, chamber musics.

Well, I am not sure whether the 70 hours burn-in had completely pushed J2 to its best condition. I might keep burning-in. But right now, I am pretty satisfied with it, well worth the money I paid.

Finally, some thoughts might be helpful to JLab

I am not sure how many people would take the lengthy burn-in process. If the eaphone does not sound good right out of the box, there is little chance that people would keep it.

secondly, better flanges does not cost a fortune to you, but improve SQ dramatically on your product.

I am looking forward to more and more successful products

Dec 20, 2008 at 2:59 AM Post #147 of 214
I ordered my J2's from Amazon on 11/24, sent the BOGO email on the 25th, with a response from Brian on the 25th. Amazon order came within a week. JLab BOGO = 0.
frown.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #148 of 214
Have you contacted them again mstubie? I've been waiting since the 1st and haven't heard a thing. You're in a worse boat than me, the 24th is a long time! It's starting to look like I won't get my Christmas gifts in time.

Dec 20, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #149 of 214
I ordered my J2's on 11/29. Got the Amazon package today (12/20). No sign of the BOGO one yet. At least I got something at this point.

Dec 20, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #150 of 214
I was on Slick Deals yesterday and there was a thread 11 pages long about the BOGO deal with the J2, so it may be a while after Christmas until some of us see the free J2s come our way, especially after the rest of the "deal" sites list this offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back