Jlab Jbuds J2 Impressions.
Dec 13, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #106 of 214
How are these with sound isolation? I'm currently using sony ex55, which are pretty decent, though i'm starting to mostly listen to podcasts/radio so don't really care about sound quality, i need it to block outside sound like the UE/Shures do.

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #107 of 214
i doubt you'll gain anything in the isolation department over the ex55... the j2s isolate about as well as my EX71

alternate tip options might make a difference...

also i can confirm EX71 tips fit the J2s perfectly (so any tips known to fit on the EX71 should fit on the J2s

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #108 of 214
after a little over 48 hours of running pink noise through them i detect no noticable change... gonna let them sit with some musicfor a while

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #109 of 214
I left the same pair of JBuds J2 with a bunch of different burn in files over the weekend (frequency sweeps, pink and white/radio noise, etc.). Listened to it. Detected a slightly favorable change. However, these still sound absolutely dreadful without massive EQ applied on the high end. They're simply far too mid heavy.

The good thing about them is that they respond fantastically when tweaked. With a little iZotope Ozone magic, they now sound like $80-120+ IEMs instead of $20 dreck. Granted, you can't take Ozone with you since it's Winamp only, but it sure is amazing what you can do with DSP software.

I also wanted to mention I pretty much have forgotten I'm wearing these. They're rather light and comfortable.

Dec 15, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #110 of 214
never got a reply beyond the automated response but myfreebies just arrived

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #111 of 214
Ive tried contacting JLab about getting some in the UK but never get a response. Anyone know if there is a specific person i should try to talk to?

Dec 15, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #112 of 214
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
never got a reply beyond the automated response but myfreebies just arrived

I still haven't received mine or a response since the 4th.

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #114 of 214
I never received any response either other than the automated one. I actually had to send my receipt again just to get the auto response. I sent my original on the 1st of Dec. I've already received the original order from amazon but nothing from JLab yet. The auto email said they were going to ship everything on the 13th. So I should get them sometime this week.

Dec 16, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #118 of 214
Updated review:
I have burned my original pair in for about 40-50 hours and they have really smoothed out in the upper end. These things definitely are NOT good for trance/house/electronic IMO. EQing them to try to get good bass response results in major distortion in the bass.

They are still mid-forward, but with EQing, they now sound better then my other (cheapie) IEMs for other music I listen to (Queensryche, Eric Clapton, the Eagles, etc.). The shrill highs are gone! I have a pair for my wife and she listens to Country and pop, and they sound good for that (EQed). The bass is OK when EQed for non-bass heavy music.

They are not the most comfortable (the V-Moda bass freq is the most comfortable I own, I think because it has a longer stem). All-in-all, not bad with a BOGO deal.

Dec 16, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #119 of 214
What makes you say that they are bad for trance joe? Is it because of the bass or the highs? I havent finished burning in mine yet, well technically they are my brothers, mine have not come yet. Anyway if they turn out to be that unsatisfactory, Ill just use them as a gift instead and return the regular jbuds. I do have to say though that they are definitely better than my cx300s and that gives me something to think about since I mostly listen to trance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back