JH5 vs Livewires Trips
Aug 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Burma Jones

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Everyone, I'm using the Triple Fi 10 right now and I want to upgrade to customs. I have narrowed down between the JH5 and Livewires Trips. So can anyone out there give me some insight as to which one is better? I also thought of getting the SE 535 and adding a custom earpiece. Any advice would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 10
Avoid livewires. Most of the posters here who used them recently complained of horrible customer service, and extremely long wait times. If going for budget customs, you have the UE 4, JH 5, and Sleek Audio CT6.

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 10
Well why would someone have two budget customs really? If they can get both they can get one of the top tier ones.

Someone did mention that Livewires has lowered their wait times but I'll need proof before I believe it. Of course I got mine remolded so no Livewire CS and wait time to worry about. There's a couple reviews on the customs posted above but I doubt there will be any kind of direct comparison.

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 10
Don't even consider anything but the JH-5's. 

I don't have Livewire trips, but I do have the dual Livewires. They sound okay, but not great. Smooth, but the highs roll off way too early. I was always adding treble back whenever I wore them. The fit was never great, and the customer service has been nothing short of horrible.

I just purchased some JH-5's and they are fantastic. Seriously.

Check out my thread/mini-review...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/502199/jh-audio-jh-5-pro-and-more

Hope that helps!

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
Don't even consider anything but the JH-5's. 

I don't have Livewire trips, but I do have the dual Livewires. They sound okay, but great. Smooth, but the highs roll off way too early. I was always adding treble back whenever I wore them. The fit was never great, and the customer service has been nothing short of horrible.

I just purchased some JH-5's and they are fantastic. Seriously.

Check out my thread/mini-review...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/502199/jh-audio-jh-5-pro-and-more

Hope that helps!

Hey pizzafilms, thanks for your insight . Base on your experience, I think I'll be leaning towards the JH-5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back