JH13 worth the money with only iphone?
Feb 5, 2010 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Michiyo-Fir

100+ Head-Fier
I just sent in my earmolds for a JH5 pro 2 days ago and I'm wondering in the future if I want to upgrade(in the next 2 years or later) is it worth it to get a pair of JH13s or UE11s just to use with an iphone or ipod 5G unamped?

I used to have the HD600s and HD650s and I realized I use them less and less as I use my portable SE210s more and more. I'm a student and do a lot of traveling so big cans aren't really convenient at all.

I want to get good sound quality but I don't know if I can justify spending $1000+ on a pair of IEMs just to use on the bus, plane, with my digital piano, etc. I do have a Mini3 amp but I hardly ever use it. Even that small amp is too much trouble with my ipod.

One last question. For customs between UE and JHA which one would be the best?

I want mostly neutrality and definitely not bassy. I listen to mostly alternative rock, classical, lots of musicals, jazz and a bit of rock and everything else out there.

Feb 5, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 8
Yup I use lossless almost exclusively. 97% of my music is in lossless. Other than than I have a few 320 kbps mp3s.

One more thing. What kind of plug is on the JH customs? Is it a straight one or the bent kind that doesn't fit into iphones?

Feb 5, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michiyo-Fir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup I use lossless almost exclusively. 97% of my music is in lossless. Other than than I have a few 320 kbps mp3s.

One more thing. What kind of plug is on the JH customs? Is it a straight one or the bent kind that doesn't fit into iphones?

the bent ones dont fit on iphones? really?

Feb 5, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 8
Hmm there was a kind that's bent but with a bit of extra plastic that's supposed to go into the hole that didn't fit. I guess it it was bent and there's no extra plastic circle thing it would fit fine. Thanks for the answers! I was worried the JH5s wouldn't fit with my iphone!

Feb 5, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 8
A lot of headphone plugs didn't fit into the FIRST generation iphone because it was recessed. Pretty bad design flaw. They fixed it on the 3G/3GS.

Of course, some cases will cause issues too on any iphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back